Saturday 22 July 2017

Fish 'n flowers

It's such a beautiful sunny, calm evening out there. Pity it hadn't been more like it at the Antrim Agricultural Show earlier today!  It was a bit drizzly and damp, but it could have been worse and it was lovely to have a dander round with Mum and see all the animals up close.

I'm lovin this porthole die I got from MFT recently - I've doubled the layer here just to give it a bit of dimension.  Not so happy with my colouring on the fish, think it was just the wrong colour choice.  Bonus points though for using these ric rac dies I got aaaaaaages ago and never use, I kinda thought they'd look like waves.

I've no sympathy cards in my stash, so need to get a few of these made.  
I've gone for this good old Whipper Snapper stamp, bit of a go-to one for sympathy cards!  Not sure of make of diamond DP.  Flowers coloured with water color pencils, and some sparkle added to the blooms.  I hadn't intended to add so many gems but had some inky marks that needed disguising ;)

14 comments:

Lynne K said...

A really beautiful sympathy card, Lynne, perfect for our floral challenge. Loving the soft colours and the pretty image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Julie B said...

Love the googly eyed fish!
We are hopefully off to Nantwich show on Wednesday, hope the weather is a little better!
Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

Carol L said...

Your cute shark card is such a fun take on the sketch, and I love how simply you created the water he's swimming in! I love the coloring on your shark too! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketches! Looking forward to seeing you play along next week too!

Melissa Craig said...

Your card made me smile big! So cute!! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

What a fun fish card!! Beautiful sympathy card, too!
Beautiful card!!
Sweet, sweet card!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

I love love love both of these cards Lynne! The one you entered for our sketch is GREAT!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Sarah said...

These are equally fab Lynne, love the fish!! xx

Cara said...

Two beautiful cards, love the waves on the first one and the soft muted colours of the second x

Ginny Maxam said...

This is really a beautiful CAS card! I love it! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

Patti said...

Oooh I'm squealing over the water you created for your first card!! brilliant my friend : ) Perfectly colored Sympathy card too. We hate needing these but this is just lovely!

Patti

brenda said...

A really glorious floral creation and perfect for our Floral theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Cheryl W. said...

Well, I think your fish looks awesome! I happen to like your color choices. And, yes, your rickrack die-cuts do look like waves. Your sympathy card is beautiful, too, btw.

Babs said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, with such a pretty image and beautiful subtle colours, thank you so much for sharing your amazing card with us at Sparkles Monthly good luck and hope we see you next time.

Hugs Babs DT x

Helen said...

Beautiful 'thinking of you' card - so elegant.

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles.

Helen x