Tuesday 20 February 2018

Disqualified from the Olympics

Are you enjoying the Olympics?  I'm loving it, but the time difference is a bit crap and the only bit I get to see is the hourly catch up in the evening.  Reckon if I won the Lottery, I'd be off to one of the bobsleigh runs - I'd need a big hunk or 3 in beside me though, there's NO way I'd be having a go at the skeleton run!

Anyway, while the Olympics were on telly I thought I'd have a go at the MFT Olympics challenges.    But DOH!  The closing date was yesterday evening :(
This one was for the timed challenge - I cut it fine, my time was 19:43! A whole 17 seconds left over.
Lesson learned from this card - don't leave a finished card beside my water pot when I'm colouring another one.  I managed to add some water splatters to this one, so I'll have to have a think how to cover them up.


This one was was to be for the MFT Winter challenge.  My lesson learned from this one is that, when I want to colour elements in my image to match my cardstock, to actually pick card that I have the colours of!  It was a right pain in the derriere to mix my colours to make that salmony colour for my fishy cocktail!  

Coloured with watercolour pencils and sparkle added to the fish and the cocktail.

16 comments:

Jessica K said...

These are ADORABLE! Love those cows. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts!

Jess- DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

Cheryl W. said...

I've enjoyed some of the Olympics, too. I just always feel so bad for the athletes when they fall or crash. Your cards are SO cute. Love the little penguin with his perfectly matched cocktail! As for pains in the derriere, I manage to create at least one a day!! he he

Gayatri said...

Both your cards are adorable. I love the cows card. Thanks very much for joining in the fun @ Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Gayatri xx

Sarah said...

Fabby cards Lynne!! I reckon you are brave to entertain the bobsleigh...speed scares the life out of me!! Curling appeals...slow and sedate!! xx

Ardyth said...

Love those cows - the look on their faces always makes me smile! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Krafty Kaylin said...

very cute card. and good use of the sketch. thanks for joining us at try stampin on tuesday.

Donna Scholz said...

Super cute card, Lynne! Penguins are always so fun to work with!!! Your use of this week's Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch worked really well! Thank you for sharing your creative talents and playing along! -Donna

Di said...

Great cards Lynne - especially love the snippets penguin. Why do penguins always make me smile?

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs

Di xx

Kuni said...

Wonderful and cute card, i love the penguin.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha ha! Your 'lessons learned' cracked me up :-) I am the same, but I never seem to quite learn my lesson. I tend to stick things down without engaging my brain, and of course then they're stuck fast.
Love your cute and fun cards.
xxx

Dreja said...

Ganz fabelhaft!
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Marilyn said...

Love the cows ... wonderful rendition of Kim's card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the trio of cows!

mugdha gujarathi said...

Cute card

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Such a cute card, Lynne, and I love your coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara H.

seelenvoll kreativ said...

Das ist total niedlich. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Sweet Stampers Challenge. LG Karina