Saturday, 22 September 2018
I've used my Jane's Doodles stamps - seagull, boat and fish all popped up on foam pads. My Taylored Expressons ric rac die is a real oldie - I think it was one of the first dies I ever bought and then had no clue what to do with them! Anyway I've used them here as waves - the dark strip is a dark blue colour.
Sunday, 16 September 2018
My birdie card uses 2 of my favourite techniques ... fussy cutting and a bit of splattering ! I've used my new Jane's doodles stamps, coloured with watercolour pencils; sparkle added to her jumper and clear gloss/glitter to the collar. Pink heart sequins from stash. Bird and frame both popped up on foam pads.
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - pop it up
- Addicted to CAS #145 - tweet
- CASual Fridays #208 - use those sequins
- Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday Aug/Sept - fave stamping technique
This doggy is another one that I'd coloured back in the summer. Those long hot days of sunshine already seem like such a long time ago!
Image coloured with watercolour pencils; sparkle added to the ribbon and clear gloss to his nose. MFT stitched frame die; Paper Smooches heart die popped up on foam pads.
Saturday, 15 September 2018
I'd coloured Snowy back during our heatwave and rediscovered him this morning. I've used him with my MFT town die and my Paper Smooches hills die.
Snowy coloured with watercolour pencils, sparkle added to his scarf and hat and then popped up on foam pads. Silver stars from stash.
- Allsorts #485 - create a scene
- Christmas with the Cuties #19 - cute snowman
- Get Creative #73 - lots of bling and sparkle
- Cute Card Thursday #547 - dies/punches
These candles came from a Stampin Up set that I won and didn't quite know what to do with it! It's a Christmas set but I figured the candles would do just as well for a birthday.
Coloured with watercolour pencils, sparkle added to a few candles and a few others popped up on foam pads. Clear gloss added to the flames. Stars coloured to match.
Monday, 10 September 2018
This card was inspired by this week's featured stamper over at Splitcoast - here's JoAnne's original. I found this snazzy DP in my stash and kinda got a bit carried away with myself ;) I've used my new Jane's Doodles critters - coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to their eyes and teeth. Did my usual trick of stamping a background and then covering it up!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - stamp it for STAMPember
- Cute Card Thursday #546 - anything goes
- Crafting by Designs September anything goes
This one is for a friend in work who's leaving for a new job.
She has lovely white hair, don't think I quite nailed it. She also loves her allotment and growing her veggies, so that's why I've used this oldie Kraftin Kimmie Stamp. Bit of sparkle added to the pots and her bow.
Lawn Fawn cloud die; Gummiapan flower die.
Saturday, 8 September 2018
This first card uses a real oldie from Penny Black. Coloured with watercolour pencils and gloss/sparkle added to the butterflies. My Martha Stewart butterfly punch is on it's way out, it's a bit of a faff getting these butterflies cut.
- Happy Little Stampers September watercolour challenge - add butterflies
- Penny Black and More September - make it feminine
- Stamping Sensations Sept - beginning with B - bear / butterfly / bling
- Allsorts #484 - bears
And this one uses one of my oldest and most inked stamps ever .. not sure of the make, possibly from Cornish Heritage Farm.
My colour theme was defined by this strip of dotty DP that's been knocking round my desk for a while. Flowers popped up on foam pads. Sparkle added to the petals and gloss to the flower centre. Gold strip and purple bling to finish.
Friday, 7 September 2018
Sorry for the dark pics, the evenings are drawing in so quickly now, I need to sort out my phtography skills!
I've no sympathy cards in my stash so here's a couple using my Prima flower stamp. Both coloured with watercolour pencils.
- Layout from Freshly Made #353
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Stamp it for STAMPember
- CAS Colours and Sketches #288 - navy, curry and grape - I'm hoping my green leaves count as a neutral ;)
- The Flower Challenge #24 - anything goes
And here's another, this time I heat embossed my image and sentiment.
Monday, 3 September 2018
For this get well card I added some glitter to the green bits of the snake and some googly eyes. Reckon it would give you a giggle if you were feeling down. Green stars from stash to finish.
- Simon Says Stamp Monday - stamp it on
- Word Art Wednesday #350/351 - anything goes
- Creative Knockouts #261 - something to say
- Crafty Cardmakers #217- all creatures great and small
And here's Mum's calendar page for this month. Bit of a rush job, so there's nothing very fancy about it!
- As you like it - favourite non card project - I make a calendar page for my Mum every month. The first time I made these was for a Christmas giftie a few years ago, but ever since she's been getting them on a monthly basis ;)