Thursday 21 January 2021

Helloooooo!

 Hi all!  Sorry I've been off radar again, I had zero mojo most of last year and even less recently after Rubydoo died.  I'd like to say thank you to everyone who sent kind words of sympathy, and especially to Di at Pixie's Crafty Workshop who's going to be running an occasional challenge in Ruby's memory!  We are still very sad, I never realised how big a part she played in our lives until she wasn't there any more.  We are planning on getting another wee dog but will probably have to wait until this lockdown has passed ... whenever that will be!

So I've spent the last few weeks stripping, sanding and painting my kitchen cupboards and then the walls needed doing, couldn't quite face painting the ceiling though so just don't look up!!  Order has finally been restored and I have my kitchen table back so I've given myself a good talking too and need to get back to crafting as I've a few orders waiting.  Hope to get for a visit to all my bloggy buddies soon to see what you've all been up to!   My cards this evening aren't the cheeriest though!....



This MFT stamp takes me an age to colour, I reckon it was well over an hour so it's definitely one to do while watching telly!  


My Clearly Besotted daffodils only really get used this time of year, though they're not peeping up in the garden yet!  Bonus points for using some green card that's maybe been in my stash for about 10 years!

9 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I was so happy to see your post! I have missed you in the blogosphere. It sounds like you were very productive during your time off from crafting.

Your cards are beautiful and perfect for a sad occasion. I can understand why the big flower on the first card took so long to color. So many petals! You've shaded them all perfectly, so I would say, "time ell spent."

Kate said...

It was nice to see your post in my inbox! So sorry to hear of Ruby's passing. Your cards are lovely - the promise of Spring!

Heather said...

So very pretty, Lynne - I love daffodils! Such a lovely card is sure to be a comfort! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Lynne - your daffodil sympathy card is beautiful! I love the soft colors you used. So sorry to hear about Ruby. Dogs play a very important role in our families and lives! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Sarah said...

Hope you are doing okay Lynne. Pleased to hear that you have been keeping busy with your kitchen and are thinking ahead to giving another pup a lovely home. These are beautiful florals and the colouring of the chrysanth is amazing xx

Judith said...

Such a pretty card - glad it brought your mojo back for you! - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges hugs Judith x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Aileen said...

Definitely counts especially with these beautiful cards. I so sorry to hear of your loss I also have been missing in action for quite a while having had some major changes in my life. All the best sweetie and U hope we see more of you xx Aileen DT The Flower Challenge

Di said...

What lovely cards Lynne! I'm delighted to see you crafting again and gosh your colouring is so good. Thank you for your sweet words. I think we all look out for one another in the Playground - it's a very special place. You have an email from me. No hurry to reply, it's just in case it ended up in a spam folder. Stay safe - I'll be back ASAP to comment on your snippets entry - isn't that stamp set fun!

Hugs

Di xx