Sunday 31 January 2021

David and Greg's birthday cards


 Evening Folks!  That was a brrrrr chilly weekend, though it was nice to get out to the garden today to get the leaves swept up and a bit of a tidy.  The daffs are starting to peep and I see the hydrangeas budding too, so spring is on the way :)   It was the Big Garden Birdwatch this weekend too, so the birdies got extra grub and a clean bath, but there were definitely fewer about than previous years, maybe they were just cosied up in their nests. 

I have a male theme for my cards this evening.  This one's for my brother - he likes to keep fit and has his own set of weights, so I thought this little MFT weightlifting kittie (?) would be perfect.  I would have popped him up on a wobble thing, but they only turned up the instant I stuck him down - they've been on the missing list for months so I'm delighted to have found them. 



And this one's for Greggy, last minute as always, and I've used a wobble thingy behind the bear:)
I've treated myself to a day off work for his birthday, though probably the height of our travels will be to the supermarket for something nice for tea!

8 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

That bear always makes me smile! Fabulous design! Thanks for joining us at CC&S:)

Kate said...

These two cards are super cute!

Chris Dring said...

That's is usually the case that when you want to use something, like the action wobble, you can't locate where you put them until you glued something down. LOL! These are two wonderful cards!

Jeanne said...

Such a happy bear - he’s sure to brighten anyone’s birthday! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Di said...

Great cards Lynne. I love both of them although the weightlifting cat appealed to my sense of humour! So lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground with us.

Hugs

Di xx

Cheryl W said...

Two great cards for the lucky men in your life. I'm sure they will appreciate them. I wanted to thank you, too, for the coloring advice. I'm going to follow what you said with hopes that my flowers will look better next time. I don't even mind if they don't look realistic, I just want them to look more vibrant and better shaded. I think what you have told me will help. Enjoy your day off with your hubby!

MA-MI said...

You did a great interpretation of the Animal challenge with the strongest cat in the world ;)! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

Maja, DT

We would love it if you could display our challenge badge on your post too, thanks.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I absolutely love your weightlifter, such fun and will be much appreciated I'm sure. Love the whole card. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT
PS sorry for the delay in commenting life got too busy.