Friday 28 May 2021

Perching Pelican

 Hi all, hurrah for long weekends, I love a Bank Holiday Monday especially when I treat myself to a wee Friday off work too! 😉.   AND it looks like summer is on its way with some sunshine and warmer temps due! (not before time, our weather has been pretty rubbish this year so far)

Anyway I've used a golden oldie stamp this evening (from High Hopes) 


I inked up this swirly stencil in an effort to look like water, I think it kinda works?

My dotty edge is from a set of new dies from Simply Graphic, I love their little accent pieces.

11 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I love this silly bird! He looks like he's a little confused about life - kind of the way I look most days. You are just the best at adding embellishments and accents to your cards. I always try to remember the things you do so that I can try and replicate them. But, I tend to forget most of the time. Thank goodness I can always check back on your blog posts and get some ideas. Thank you for sharing all of your fab cards and great ideas.

dj said...

That stenciled background is fantastic!! Perfect for our "create your own background" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Sandra H said...

Fabulous image and beautiful background lovely card x

Cardsbymaaike said...

What a fun little stamp. I love how cheeky he looks. Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Challenges

Jane said...

Love him, so cute! Great stencilled background too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Helen said...

Love this - very effective background.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Billie A said...

Cute fun card. Great scene and so glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Sarah said...

Love this card Lynne, love that cheely pelican!! xx

Patti J said...

Love this! The ‘water’ is so perfect! I’m so happy that stencils are popular again! Thanks for sharing this sweet card!

Stempelomi said...

cute and funny card!

Stempelomi said...

cute and funny card!Thanks for joining us at papercraft-challenges.