Sunday 2 May 2021

A shoal of fish and some mice

 Hi all!  Happy Sunday and Happy Bank Holiday Monday too!  I love a wee free day off work even if it is due to be a stormy wet day.  Don't think I'll venture out as the shops will be too busy after only opening on Friday, I think I'll hold off till I get my 2nd jab next month.  At least I'm a bit more respectable looking after my haircut this week, I feel like a new woman! 😊


This card uses my new stamps and dies from Simply Graphic;  I found this really old DP that was perfect for it.  I've added some glitter to highlights on the fishes for a bit of sparkle.


I had a tiny bit of this striped DP left over, but it was just enough for what I needed.  I saw someone in blogland doing their sentiment like this, so I can't take the credit for it, but I love the effect!  Mice coloured with watercolour pencils.

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lynne! Jo x

Cheryl W said...

Love these cards so much! And paper-piecing part of the sentiment is brilliant. I'm going to give that a try on a future card. I can definitely relate to your joy in finally getting a proper haircut. I got mine cut three or so weeks ago, and it feels fantastic!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards

coldwaters2 said...

Two fabulous cards Lynne I love them both the images are great so are the papers and card designs, I had my second jab on Saturday morning glad it is over and done with.
hugs
lorraine x

Kuni said...

Lovely and sweet card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Di said...

Wonderful cards Lynne! I do love how you did the sentiment on the second card. And I giggled about you 'Feeling like a new woman' - Len said that to me once and ended up in casualty! Of course it's lovely when lots of people come to play in Ruby's Memory Challenge. But even if we got no entries, I would still make the same donation as people are so kind giving us prizes - I think this will run for some while yet now that Mary in USA has asked me not to send her the goodies I collected. There's a whole Toybox 2 there!

Hugs

Di xx

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! Love them both! Glad things are opening up for you. I got my first haircut a few weeks ago, so I know that feeling! Happy Saturday!