Sunday 16 April 2023

Pretty florals

Hi all!  I've been eyeing these pretty stamps from penny Black (the 'Cherished' collection) for a while and finally caved and bought them... and I'm so glad I did!   My little die cut panel (from I think Simply Graphic) wasn't quite long enough for what I wanted, so I sliced it and added an extra strip from a 2nd panel at the bottom... I think I got away with it.  Couldn't get a decent photo though, my pink base isn't just as zingy in real life as it looks here!


Colour theme from MFT Colour Challenge #209
Fab'n Funky #570 - use die cuts
Word Art Wednesday #591/592 - anything goes 
Snippets Playground #452 - my little butterfly was cut from the leftover after cutting my semicircle 
Layout inspired by Try Stampin on Tuesday #602

Haven't shared a photo of Molly for a while, so here she is in our local park, her absolute favourite place!  She's off to the groomers on Wednesday so hopefully she'll come back cleaner than she looks here!  She point blank refuses to look at the camera, especially when there are squirrels to be found!!!!



10 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Lynne. I love all the pink and the white die cut panel is so pretty. Great photo of Molly, she looks like she’s concentrating really hard! xx

Cheryl W said...

Your pretty card will definitely help someone feel "in the pink" when they are unwell. You did a super job of splicing an extra piece onto your die-cut panel. It looks fabulous! So good to see a recent photo of little Molly, too. Mickey loves to chase squirrels, too. And rabbits. I think he yearns to be a hunting dog, because he points at them like a statue, before he runs after them.

Sarn said...

Wow this is a very pretty card. Love the layout and your new PB stamp.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. x

Sandra H said...

So very pretty x

Di said...

What a terrific card Lynne - glorious pink, love the flowers and also the delightful panel. Isn't Molly funny - Dudley isn't too keen on the camera either!

Hugs
Di xx

Sarn said...

WOW this is SUCH a pretty card Lynne. I love how you placed the different elements on the card. Might have to investigate that PB stamp!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Come and enjoy a hot cross bun up in the Treehouse! x

Polly said...

First of all, What a cute little dog!
Your card is perfect for sending get well wishes! Love the jar of beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Lynne! I always drool over your colouring - looks great. Lovely to see Molly again, she's adorable, Jo x

Donna Scholz said...

Lynne, what a gorgeous card you've created! Love the bold colors and how you've interpreted our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!! That die cut panel is so pretty, and your coloring of the flowers is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Dotty Jo said...

Congrats on your win! Jo x