Saturday 22 April 2023

Cards for Alison & Ben

 Hi all!  I've a couple of cards to share this evening.  I've never really enjoyed making special request cards, and as I get older I seem to enjoy it less!  Anyway, here they are.

This one uses some of my new Penny Black stamps, various dies, and a stencilled background.  I did have it all planned out, then my spacing kinda went awry when I was sticking it down and ended up running out of room!  Grrrrrr.  That 'N' on her name really annoys me, I hadn't even realised it was so wonky until it was well stuck and then there was no shifting it


Addicted to Stamps #444 - any occasion 
Creatalicious #257 - stencil

For this one, I was told the wee boy liked tractors or anything with wheels.  I don't have any tractor stamps, so a bicycle it was!  This is an oldie from Lili of the Valley.  It was a struggle as well, I always find it so difficult to colour this one!





Layout from Freshly Made Sketches #582
Word Art Wednesday #591/592 - anything goes 
Crafty Calendar April - die cuts

I have to confess though, I looked at this card for a while and figured it needed a wee something, so ended up sticking some stars on and I'm much happier with it!

And finally (this is a long post tonight!), here's a photo of our lovely dandelions!  I don't know if it was our mild winter or constant wet weather but they have been amazing this Spring!  Every road verge and field round us are absolutely covered in them!!



7 comments:

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards love the linen card used and the colours so very beautiful and the meadows looking full x

Karen Letchworth said...

It really is so special having the number of your year on the card. These are both fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. The ones who receive these sweet cards with surely cherish them. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art and creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday Challenge. We love seeing your art and we hope that you will stop by to share with us again soon. Have a wonderful blessed and creative fun week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

Your cards are so sweet! Loved the 50th, but then came the 10th! So stinkin’ cute! Your meadow is so pretty, and of course, that Molly stole my heart! Sure miss our Sophie! Hugs…

Kim S said...

You might not have enjoyed them - but they are just right! I love that they are specific for the recipients! The little boy on his wobbly bike with the fun sentiment is so perfect for a 10-year old who likes wheels! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Two pretty birthday cards! The one with the little boy makes me smile and is just perfect for a 10 year old. . Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Sarah said...

You are far to harsh with yourself Lynne, these are amazing cards, brilliantly designed. I think orders always cast doubt because of the specifics. I bet the customers were delighted. Wow, that's a mass of yellow Miss Molly looks intrigued!! xx

SarahR said...

I understand the dislike of specifically making something for a specific person - always the chance they don't like it or you don't like it! Totally understand!

Having said that - these are fabulous cards! Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge, Sarah - DT