Thursday 19 June 2014

Gingham Girlie

How did it get to be Thursday evening already?!!  I've been off work all week, and the weather has co-operated beautifully and it's been sunny and glorious ... I've been to the beach twice, sorted out the pots in the garden (and spent a small fortune in the garden centre oops!), and then tomorrow we're off to visit the new Titanic Belfast exhibition that we've been meaning to go to for aaaages.

The weather has been so good I haven't had much time for cardmaking!  This little girl was still knocking round my table from a card I made last week, so she got another inking.  Paper pieced her outfit and coloured the rest with pencils.  My fancy border is a sadly neglected Tim Holtz border die.  Martha Stewart butterfly punch.

Layout from Tiddly Inks #135
Penny's Challenge #182 - your favourite embellishment (mine's gems)
A Gem of a Challenge #121 - use gingham ribbon +/or DP
The Squirrel and the Fox #72 - use something metal (staples)
Simon Says Stamp Monday - anything goes
Divas by Design - 3 or more layers
Crafty Girls #20 - anything goes

And here's a wee pic of Ruby lovin the beach just to make you go Awwww :)



8 comments:

Bernice said...

Lovely card, Lynne. Ruby looks to be really enjoying herself at the beach - something we miss out on in Fermanagh! Have a great day at the Titanic exhibition - it's well worth a visit.
Bernice

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card and adorable too. Love the pic of Ruby.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so gorgeous lynne.fab sweet wryn and i love your colours and paper piecing ;D

xx coops xx

Dotty Jo said...

Yay Ruby! Super cute card, I always love a nice bit of gingham. I work in a place called Netherton - which is where the anchor for the Titanic was made. The locals are very proud and there is a scale replica in the High Street. Jo x

Sue from Oregon said...

Hellow Lynn! So nice to hear from you again! Thanks for popping in to say Hello today. A good opportunity for me to pop over to your place and catch up with all your lovelies and see what Ruby is up to! LOL

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a beautiful card. Love the paper piecing on the cute girl. Thank you you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Benzi said...



Guess who is back, finally? Yep, it's me.

Awwwwwww is right! I just love your Ruby. If I was getting another dog, it would be a Ruby.

Your card is darling. I love the gingham and how you paper pieced her outfit to match the bg.

Loopylou. said...

so cute. I love the way you paper pieced her in the matching papers too!
and how cute does ruby look on the beach?!!! bless her!
Thank you so much for playing along with the tiddly inkers for this challenge
hugs Lou xxx