Wednesday 11 July 2018

Bunnies Galore

Hurrah, off work again!  This time for the Twelfth holidays and I've treated myself to Monday and Tuesday too :)
I reckon 90% of the country is glued to the football this evening, not everyone wishing England well!!  Reckon our nose is out of joint when a bad referee decision in the play offs cost us our place in the World Cup!  Shame as our boys and the supporters would have had such a blast at it!

Anyway, I can't be doing with football (too much money and too much acting in it for me!) so I've had my stamps out instead.  These cards are both inspired by the MFT Summer School.

This first one is for the Primary Colours challenge - red, yellow and blue.  Stephanie has a fab video on the post on how to make this sky background.  I coloured my LOTV bunny with watercolour pencils and popped him up on foam pads.  Clear gloss and glitter added to the balloon, sparkle to the icing, and clear gloss to the yellow plate.  Red/gold stars from stash.
And this one is for the MFT Summer School challenge - repetition.
It kinda looked better in my head, and this is effort #2 so I've no excuse!  I think half the problem came when I painted my purple flower with the ink pad I stamped my text in and it didn't seem to work properly and turned a different shade than the stamped text.  Reckon it's the wrong type of ink pad ;)
Bunny is another LOTV cutie - I've since added clear gloss to the flowers to try to lift it a bit.  Didn't work. 
So that's me completed the 5 Summer School challenges - so pleased as I didn't think I was going to manage it!


12 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Lynne, I love your coloring!! I'm so proud of you for finishing your five projects. I know you aren't sure about your purples, but if hadn't read your blog I wouldn't have known any better. Thank you for stopping over and submitting your project with us. Good luck!
Hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

These are lovely Lynne, I especially like the many thank yous on the second one, a great design. I really like my Lyra pencils, they are a good mid range set. I do use a blending solution and paper stump with them though to get a good blend xx

Cheryl W. said...

Ooooooh, I LOVE that sky on your first card and the way you've masked off a border around it. I absolutely must give that a try!! I think you did a fine job on your second card. I can't think of a single criticism, and I bet it looks even better IRL. Me thinks you're a bit too hard on yourself. Have fun on your days off work.

Macimbalo said...

So pretty! Love the sky, balloon and bunny - really sweet! Thanks for sharing it with ATSM and good luck!

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous pair of cards Lynne and you have coloured the bunnies so beautifully. I love the cute LOTV images and the doodled frames finish things off perfectly.
Thanks for sharing with at ATSM's 6th Birthday celebration.
Hugs
Carol x

BożenA said...

A wonderful window with clouds. I love the sweet bunny. A wonderful CAS project! The second card is equally beautiful
Thank you for joining the challenge at HLS CAS.
hugs,
BożenA DT HLS

Aileen said...

Two beautiful cards with those fabulous bunnies, they look so cute. As always so perfectly coloured up. Love that one floating down with a little cupcake and candle and then the other with all those flowers. You have the most amazing collection of cute stamps.

MagsB said...

Two gorgeous and cute cards, Lynne! I lovethefab colours! I hope the heatwave isn't troubling you too much! It's been unbearable in S-E England today - not just hot but very humid! Oh for some rain!

Then of course we'll all start complaining about the wet!! Enjoy your break!

love Mags B x

Ina G said...

Both beautiful cards Lynne. That bunny is so cute. Lovely scene you created for our Birthday Challenge at HLS. Great cloud formation and elements added. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Szafron said...

Adorable cards! I love the design of the first one. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

Ina G said...

Both beautiful cards Lynne. So cute. Thanks for sharing at HLS.

Julie B said...

Great colouring Lynne, sorry I'm late coming by but tennis and the footy got in the way so now I'm on catch up! Love those LOTV rabbits, the balloon one is in my stash!
Thanks for playing along at HLS CAS. :)