Wednesday 18 July 2018

Weddings and flowers

Well I had a nice couple of days off work, we've been busy out in the garden finishing off our new fence and then I taught myself how to re-grout paving (yay for YouTube!) so I've been doing that too.  I'd make a good builder's mate if I wasn't so knackered! At least it's a bit cooler than it was, much easier to work in.  Anyway back to my real work today for a wee rest hahaha - don't tell my boss I said that ;)

I've quite a few special orders in that I need to get cracking on, and this wedding one is the first.  I just kept it nice and simple using this oldie from Art Gone Wild.  Coloured with watercolour pencils, clear gloss added to their beaks, and sparkle to his grey jacket.  Love my little flower die from Gummiapan.  Red heart sequin from stash.

This one uses my new flower stamp from Impression Obsession.
I went over the flowers with my clear sparkle pen, and then got a bit carried away and added clear gloss and glitter to the flower centres too!  Fussy cut and mounted on foam pads.  Brick stencil for background and then lots of clear bling to finish.

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

BOTH are fabulous!!!

Cheryl W. said...

These are both so pretty! Looks like your mojo is in high gear these days. I like your brick background. I actually made myself a brick stencil with my Silhouette Cameo ages ago, and I haven't tried it yet. Shame on me! I really do need to get it out and give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dawn Phillips said...

2 really gorgeous cards Lynne. I especially like the clean and simple wedding one. Love Dawn x

brenda said...

Two pretty cards Lynne, I love the little birdies which are so perfect for a romantic card and then the lovely flowers give a really Summery feel, both cards are perfect for our current themes ar Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Kath said...

Lovely cards, especially the wedding card - it's so cute.
Kath x

Sarah said...

These are fab Lynne. What would we do without you tube?!! xx

Monica said...

This is stunning. Loving all the colour and the sparkle and shine. Now going to become your newest follower.

Mervi said...

Both beautiful and lovely cards.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sandra said...

Such darling card, both are so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Isobel said...

Great project thank you for joining in at Simply Create Too

MagsB said...

Two gorgeous cards, Lynne! The wedding card is so beautifully CAS, and the colours of the vase of flowers is so colourful!

love Mags B x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MTTC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Linby said...

Two super cards. The little birdies are so sweet and perfect for our theme at Penny Black & More. Thanks so much for joining in.
Lynn x
DT