Friday 20 July 2018

Guest Designing for Stick It Down

I'm delighted to be Guest Designer this month for the card sketch over at Stick it Down.   Here's this month's sketch:
 And here's my card ....
I thought this sketch would be harder to put together than it actually was!  I cut out a panel slightly larger than my card base, and used the cut off remnants of each section as a guide to cutting the next one, so there was no faffing about trying to work out angles and whatnot.  Hope that makes sense!! I wasn't too worried about matching up my edges as I then die-cut my panel once I'd all the bits stuck down. 

For my sentiment I used a really old set of dies, I can't even remember the manufacturer.  I cut 3 sets of each letter (the top layer is a lovely white glittery card) and then stuck them all together for some dimension.

3 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Fabulous card! Your papers look so great together. I like the font of those letters, too. It's kind of funky and adds a lot of interest. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ruby, I love this card. The papers you chose are so fun and that font you used for the HB2U is so whimsical and matches perfectly. I definitely need to try my hand at this sketch, but was intimidated by the angles too! Thanks for the inspiration.

Stacy B, DT (single-page) member for SID

Sarah said...

Well done on your guest spot Lynne!! What a great card, love the papers you used and the HB2U is such a fab font and soooo sparkly!! xx