Tuesday 9 July 2019

Summer time

We had a damp, cloudy, frizzy hair type of day today, so I thought I'd go looking for summer in my cards instead ;)

I won this Reverse Confetti ice lolly set ages ago and had no clue what to do with it, so this is it's first outing.  I paperpieced the lolly, added another layer for the central bits and then added some clear gloss and lots of glitter. I didn't quite get the layering order right in my layout so added the little arrow as it just didn't look right.
This card will be to send a few €€ to my newphew and niece for their holidays so I'm sure they'll be more interested in what's inside ;)

And here's my Whipper Snapper birdies again, I think this is maybe one of my favourite stamps ever!  
Coloured with polychromos to match this pretty DP and gloss/glitter added to their wings.  I had a dirty finger incident in the top corner and needed a major cover up but didn't want to add any yellow so just cut my sun from white card; I like how it turned out :)

10 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Well, Mr. Mojo has certainly made his reappearance--with gusto! Your cards are awesome. I think your lolly looks great, and I especially like the arrow you added. I think it's a nice touch. Your birdies look very summery in their pastel colors. Nice work!

brenda said...

A super fun summery creation in pretty bright colours, perfect for our 'Summer Colours' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Linby said...

Two fab cards. Your first one would fit our theme at Allsorts this week.
Your second one for the Penny Black & More challenge is such fun and lovely colours.
Lynn x
DT

Allison Clark said...

Fabulous cards! and those Whipper Snapper Birdies, are so cute! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday #100 challenge, hugs XoX Alli C - DT

Dawn Phillips said...

Lovely cards hun. I love your colourful Birdies. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Sandy said...

Nice job making a summery card. Thanks for linking up at PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

Sarah said...

What excellent ice cream coloured cards Lynne!! I do love those birds xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

What a great fix with the sun! I love the colours too. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
TTCRD DT
PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com