Saturday 19 October 2019

Double Christmas

I actually have a decent stash of Christmas cards this year for the first time ever!!  Hopefully there's not going to be the usual last minute rush!

This first card uses an oldie from High Hopes that I haven't inked up for a while.  Coloured with polychromos; glitter added to his hat and skis; sparkle added to the green bits in his hat/scarf; gloss to his nose and glasses.  I added a little hint of purple to my shaded sky to pull in the colours of my snowdude.


This old DP set is from Stampin'Up and I find it so difficult to use, I never really love any cards I've made with it!! 
My image is a real old-oldie from Elzybells - I know I used it in 2010 and don't think he's seen ink since.  Unfortunately Elzybell's is long closed, they had some fab stamps ;(
I added some black glittery cardstock and some silver stars and that's it really!

9 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are both so cute

Cheryl W said...

These are both great Christmas cards, but that first one is just awesome! I think my favorite part of that image is the ski goggles. That bear is just a hoot, and I love how you pulled the colors together with your shading of the sky. Perfect!

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Lynne, always good to have you join the fun! Thanks also for your kind words about my boobies! LOL, Jo x

Sarah said...

Lovely cards Lynne, the blended sky looks fab on the first card Lynne and I love those papers on the second, the stitched detail is lovely xx

Ina G said...

Two lovely Christmas cards Lynne. I do love your wee snow 'mam' Can't see a snow 'man' wearing those lovely colours. Always love seeing you enter our challenge at JUGS as I get to see your Bonnie Ruby. Thanks for joining us again this week.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Two awesome Christmas cards! I really love your skiing snowman and the beautiful snowy scene you have created (awesome blended sky). Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Wei said...

Adorable cards! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Helen said...

Such sweet cards!
Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x