Sunday 27 October 2019

Big yellow truck and a snow dude

Ha, I remember the good old days when I used to come up with witty post titles, now it's just straight in with no messing about ;)

I've been struggling with my mojo recently but Marina's lovely book cover over at the Library Challenge #45 was just what I needed to get me going again.

I've used my old truck set from Stampin Up - I remember when I bought this I wasn't sure if I'd ever use it or not, but it's turned out to be one of my most inked stamps!
Coloured with polychromos, clear gloss added to the windows and chrome work, and then popped up on foam pads.  I've also used a little plane die from Gummiapan that I bought in the sale ages ago and hadn't tried till now.
And here's this season's snow dude again - coloured with polychromos, sparkle added to his scarf and pocket, clear gloss/glitter to his nose, and then popped up on foam pads.

Apologies for the rubbish photos, we're back into the dark nights again :(  It always takes me a week or two to adjust to the clock change!  We'd the most gorgeous sunny autumn day - we were down in our local park this morning and it looked like the world and his wife had the same idea!  I don't think I've ever seen it so busy!

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Lynne, these are so much fun! Not sure which one I like the best, as they're so different. I have to say I giggled out loud when I read what you wrote about titles! My mojo has done a major go-go gone. I'm trying, but have been so sick again, and it's hard to get started after laying low for a while. Sorry I've been MIA! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Patti said...

Hi Lynne : ) What a fun post you are so witty!! I have never heard the expression ..."the world and his wife..." you made me smile! Your cards are adorable!! it surely is not evident that your mojo felt sluggish!

BEAUTIFUL!! fall picture! Fall colors are one thing i miss living here in the Southwest.

Patti

Cheryl W said...

Great cards, Lynne. You're always so creative. I think the carrot on that snowman's face is big enough to feed a family of four! ha ha I know what you mean about Old Man Mojo taking off without so much as a by-your-leave. I've been struggling lately, too. Finally made my brother a Halloween card today (Monday) - barely got it done in time!

tilly said...

Love your little truck, so versatile and a cute Christmas card, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge
Tilly

JulieP said...

I love your take on my book cover!!!! I have a truck stamp that I've used over and over and over again too. Who knew, right? Thanks for playing along.

Sarah said...

Lovely cards Lynne, especially that adorable snowman. What a lovely photo, real autumnal colours emerging now xx

Marina said...

You've totally nailed the book cover- all those elements - the yellow truck, the plane ...are just perfect! (Love the snowman card too). Thanks for joining The Library.