Sunday 8 March 2020

More sympathy cards!

I spent this weekend making sympathy cards to try and get my stash up, I hate making them so hopefully this will do me for a while!
I've also been on a mission to get some of my wee scraps from my MFT pile used up, thus the stripey theme!

This first card uses these lovely roses from Clearly Besotted.  Coloured with polycromos and the flowers covered with my sparkle pen.

  • My layout is from Sketch Saturday's free for all challenge #599 - I chose #498
  • The Flower challenge #42 - anything goes
  • As You Like It - favourite flower - I've already submitted a daffodil card for this challenge, so thought I'd enter roses as my favourite summer flower.  I love the old fashioned really scented blooms , it's always a disapointment when you see a beautiful rose and then when you go in for a sniff there's no smell! 
This one uses a Penny Black stamp - again coloured with polychromos.  I read a tip on The Daily Marker blog to use a marker on your image first before your pencils and it definitely does make a difference.  I think I need a bit more practice though and if I was making this card again I think I would maybe do the vase green instead of bright yellow!

12 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This cards are both lovely. Those roses are especially pretty. I really need to add to my stash of sympathy cards, as well. I've just been so busy making Easter cards that I haven't gotten anything else done. I'm trying to make enough Easter cards for me to send and to sell at the thrift shop, so that means probably 40+. I've only got a dozen made so far.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Lynne, Jo x

Inkami said...

Lovely colouring on both cards, the designs are so elegant!

Mary said...

Lynne, your cards are beautiful. I am very impressed with your coloring. The coloring is so pretty and so soft. Thank you for sharing your creations. You inspire.

MagsB said...

Sympathy cards are so hard to make! How wise to make some before you need them - these are lovely, Lynne, the flower images and delicate colours are perfect. I hope you're keeping well!

love Mags B x

Sarn said...

Both super cards. xxx

Sarah said...

These are lovely Lynne, although the occasion not so much but necessary. I am with you on the scent of the traditional roses. I remember Mum and Dad had a beauty in the garden when I was a girl...Blue Moon it was called and the smell was divine. My Sister and I used to bash the leaves in water to make "perfume"...it never had quite the same aroma!! Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us at AYLI xx

Annette said...

Sympathy cards are difficult to make. I love your floral versions.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
As You Like It Challenge.

Patti J said...

Lynne, these are so pretty. They would be a comfort to anyone who receives them. Sympathy cards are so hard to design. I always want them to be just right. Thanks for sharing! Hugs...!

Di said...

These really are lovely cards Lynne, and so wise to keep some to hand as they're always tough to make at the best of times. What a clever tip about using markers before pencils - I would imagine that helps enormously with large areas, which I find seem to look patchy on my cards when I use Polychromos pencils on their own - even with blending solution.

Hugs

Di xx

Shona Chambers said...

Hi Lynne, I'm a bit behind on my commenting and can see this was done on the 8th March. Now we are in the middle of a Pandemic maybe those sympathy cards will actually get used, which is a horrible thought!! I hope you and your family are safe. Your flowers are so beautifully coloured and the stitched detail around the outside adds the perfect touch to a beautiful card. Stay safe and its always wonderful to see you at The Flower Challenge.

Viv said...

Such beautiful cards, thanks for sharing one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx