Sunday 1 March 2020

Spring daffodils and a massive Easter egg

So that was another weekend of pretty rubbish weather courtesy of Storm Jorge, of course the sun came out this afternoon when it was too late to go anywhere!
I did manage to get a wee break in the showers to get my winter pansies and primulas deadheaded, it's good to see that spring is most definitely here.  It won't be long now till my daffs are blooming, so I thought I'd use them on one to add to my sympathy stash.

This image is from Clearly Besotted, coloured with polychromos - I'm not a massive fan of poetry but I always think of William Wordsworth's host of golden daffodils when I use this stamp!

  • Addicted to CAS #179 - symmetry (though my image isn't 100% symmetrical!)
  • As You Like It - favourite flower - I have loads of favourites but I love to see daffodils as it means the longer days and better weather (fingers crossed) are on the way
  • Penny Black and More March - spring flowers

And here's a fun Easter card using one of my new Stamping Bella images.  I've popped her up on one of these little boingy spring things ... I bought some recently after not being able to find the ones I already had, and then spent about half an hour this evening trying to find the new ones that I'd put "somewhere safe".  It drives me absolutely crazy looking for stuff!  







11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful daffodils and your Easter Bunny girl is adorable! Sweet spring cards! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Cheryl W said...

I love your daffodils. I've printed some images of them myself for coloring and putting on Easter cards. Haven't gotten to them yet, though. Your Easter card is very sweet. I love the image (perfectly colored!) and the spring-like colors. We're looking for warmer weather here, too. No plants popping through the ground just yet, but they surely will in time...

brenda said...

Same weather here Lynne but the Daffodils are still coming out and bouncing about in the wind and tour card is so pretty and perfect for those difficult occasions, thank you so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Spring' themes at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Kathleen said...

A super CAS card Lynne, great image and placement of the sentiment. Thank you for joining our 'Spring Flowers' challenge at Penny Black and More.
I know exactly what you mean about that poem.

Kath x

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty set of cards! Love those daffodils and the sweet little Easter egg! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

What a fun, happy Easter card! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Sarah said...

So glad that you brought those gorgeous dancing daffodils to share with us at AYLI and that darling Easter card is the cutest!! xx

Tracy said...

Pretty creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Brenda said...

Such a lovely card, beautiful coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Brenda said...

Such a lovely card, beautiful coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Squirrel x said...

Love your choice for our Favourite Flower challenge, thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous make with us at AYLI. Hope to see you next time too! Squirrel Xx