Saturday 12 September 2020

Chick Chick Chicken

Hi folks 😃. I've been shopping in an effort to kick-start my mojo and treated myself to a couple of sets from Gerda Steiner. I have a bit of a weakness for chicken stamps anyway and couldn't resist these dudes when I saw the expressions on their faces!

 I've used my favourite hexagon stencil for the background to represent chicken wire.  I'm not sure what's going on with my camera, the colours look darker in real life. Chooks coloured with a mixture of watercolours and pencils, sparkles added to their red 'bits' and clear gloss to their eyes.

As you like it - favourite stencil - I like the graphic design of this one and it's perfect for chicken or bee cards too
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - humourous/fun card
Gerda Steiner Designs September challenge
Papercraft challenge #61 - animals

7 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Love this! Your coloring is fabulous. I love those chickens. When we go to our State Fair, I love to visit the chicken barns and see all the different kinds of chickens--there are so many variations! No State Fair this year because of the pandemic. Boo. Your mojo looks like it was very much present in the making of this card. Keep enjoying those new stamps.

Joanna M. said...

This is SUPER cute! I love that stencil that you used behind the image. It really pops those silly chickens. Great job.

Stempelomi said...

super cute card!Thanks for joinig us at papercraft-challenges.

Sarah said...

Good to see you Lynne and apologies that it has taken me so long to pay you a visit...holiday cover...again!! I love these guys, especially their facial expressions and the cheeky chooks butt!! The stencil is certainly perfect as a suggestion of chicken wire. It is always lovely to see you at AYLI, thanks for your support xx

Patti J said...

This is darling! Garda has such adorable images! Ou have breathed life into this one, dear friend! Thanks for sharing, and stay well!

Brenda said...

We much be kindred, chicken spirits! I love chicken digi's, stamps, dies, pretty much anything chicken (or rooster).(=. You have used the perfect stencil for these girls! Thanks so much for joining in our stencil challenge at As You Like It!

Squirrel x said...

Love the chicken wire! Thank you for sharing your great make with us at AYLI for our stencil challenge! Hope to see you again soon. Hugs Squirrel x