Saturday 24 October 2020

Pink Christmas

 

So this is a new one for me, I don't think I've ever made a pink Christmas card before!  First outing for my new MFT stamps too, I always love their Christmas sets :). Expect to see this used a lot in the coming weeks, I definitely need to rack up my Xmas production rate!

There was a lot of masking on this so I could layer up the images and ink the sky, clear gloss added to the windows, glitter to his scarf and then white enamel for the falling snow.



I haven't shared a pic of wee Ruby recently, so here she is having a sniffing good time at the seaside yesterday (Waterfoot)...  The weather men got the forecast correct for a change and delivered some lovely sunny weather for my day off :).   Though it was definitely a day for a cosy coat and hat, and no way was I brave enough to go for a paddle!   Our wee dander on the beach was followed with a visit to the chippy for fish'n chips, plenty of salt and vinegar... yummmmm they always taste so much nicer by the sea! 


11 comments:

Patti J said...

Oooh! I totally love the pink card! It makes me so happy! What a cheerful, delightful card, Lynne! Thanks for sharing!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Lynne, what a gorgeous little scene you've created! Must have taken you ages and it looks brilliant. Love those snowy trees. Great to see Ruby having fun at the beach - bet you enjoyed the fresh air and the sunshine too. Chips are an essential at the seaside and they always taste so good after a long walk. Thanks for joining Pops and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Vicki said...

I LOVE the pink ! So pretty :)

Vicki said...

Hi, I LOVE the pink, so pretty !

Cheryl W said...

I think pink is a wonderful color for Christmas, and your card is proof of that. The little scene you created is as sweet as can be. Love the little house and snowman. And thanks for sharing the pictures from your seaside walk. I love walking along the seashore, looking for pretty shells and other treasures. I don't get to do that nearly enough!

Pop's Cards said...

I am loving the gorgeousness of this cute card, thanks for joining us at Christmas kickstart, hugs Pops x

Darnell said...

What a delightful scene you have created in nontraditional pink! I love it and love all the schparkle, too, Lynne! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I hope you are keeping well and thank you, too, for sharing the great beach photos with Ruby! Hugs, Darnell

MagsB said...

I love your pink Christmas card, Lynne, the snowman looks so happy! And what beautiful photos of your part of the world, Ireland and Northern Ireland are both lovely!

love Mags B x

Sarah said...

Nothing wrong with a pink Christmas card Lynne especially when it is as fab as this!! Your masking was so worth it. I have been really good and not bought any new MFT stamp sets this year since I found an unopened autumn set from last year!! That looks like a lovely beach, glad the sun shined for you xx

Stacey said...

What a pretty card! Love the pink sky. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge.

DT Stacey
www.butterflycreations.blog

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne love your pictures of Ruby I also love your pink Christmas card the image is cute a super job
hugs
lorraine x