Sunday 22 November 2020

A sloth of bears!

 

Oh dear, I can hardly believe it's been almost a month since I last uploaded anything!  I've been beavering away with my Christmas cards and cards for pressies, and had an order for 50 of these from work which kept me busy and I was glad to see the end of!I   I haven't had a tidy kitchen table for ages as there was a production line going; mind you, they're finished now and I still don't have a tidy table.

I inked up my sky with this lovely graduated stencil from Clearly Besotted that I absolutely love, then cut a snowy edge with an MFT die, added an MFT sentiment and some gold stars.    My little bear is popped up on foam pads, glitter added to his skate blades and then larger glitter flakes to the green bits of his scarf.  (The scarf is done in our company colours but I'm 100% sure that nobody but myself will notice haha) 

PS I had no idea a group of bears was called a sloth, had to Google that one ;)



6 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous, fun cards Lynne I love that fun image also the great sentiment
hugs
lorraine x

Dotty Jo said...

They look gorgeous, Lynne! Jo x

Cheryl W said...

I was so happy to see your post! Your bear cards are gorgeous - the entire sloth of them. I didn't know that was the appropriate word either. As for tidy work spaces, I had cleaned mine up a couple of weeks ago, but it is a disaster again!! I've been working hard to make Thanksgiving and Christmas cards for the thrift store. They seem to sell pretty fast, so I'm having a hard time keeping up with demand. All that is to say I feel your pain in getting those 50 commissioned cards done. LOL

Sarn said...

Terrific skating polar bear (well don't they ALL skate????).

Lovely sky background too. 50???? Wow . . . that's a good order.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sarah said...

Wow Lynne, that is a LOT of cardmaking!! What a fabulous design, it works brilliantly and you were able to use your beloved bears!! Hope you are keeping ok xx

Di said...

What fun cards Lynne - I do love the snowy background stencil you used. And of course the skating bear against the rest of the background of houses and trees is fabulous! No doubt you'll be like I used to be and will be waving your hand next year when they need someone to make a load of cards! Well done, it's a slog but so worth it in truth!

Hugs

Di xx