Wednesday 3 February 2021

Another weightlifter

 

Uurgh it feels like it's been raining solid for days here, I see from the weather app it's due to dry up on Saturday afternoon so I'm looking forward to that!!  Mind you I'd rather have rain than snow, so it's not all bad ;)

I've had a wee request in for another weightlifter card, not sure why the colours are odd in my photo - that orange card is actually red in real life.  I used my sunburst stencil for the background, added clear gloss to his weights, some splatters and some googly eyes.  I dug out a really old embossing folder as the swirls reminded me of his curly 'tache.

The beard craze of the past few years seems to be leading to more moustaches on show!  I saw a guy recently with one just like this, all curled to perfection and little round Harry Potter glasses ... And yes, he did look silly 🤣


Layout from MFT Wednesday Sketch #527

Cards 4 Guys #263 - sports

Just Us Girls #569 - masking ... Where's mine?  Well my splatters were an afterthought so I had to mask off my kitty and the red c/s as they'd all been stuck down






6 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Cute card and love his mustache! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Cheryl W said...

He's a serious weightlifter! And I bet it took him hours to get that 'stache curled just right. I used to know someone who had a moustache like that. I always wondered what it looked like in the morning before he waxed it. he he Anyway, your card is great--love the sunray shading in the background. It looks like there could be strobe lights flashing for the weight-lifting champion. We are getting snow here tonight and it's going to turn very cold. Ugh!

Bobby said...

Cute card, Lynne. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Billie A said...

Awesome card. I love the image and coloring. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

dj said...

You have created a real rock star here...medals await for this guy!! Thanks for playing along with our "sports" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Sarah said...

What a fun card Lynne, the sunburst stencil background is perfect for him. Love the red and black colourway. The rain is finally moving away for us too...to be followed by freezing temperatures xx