Saturday 13 February 2021

Cards for Alex and Aunt Mavis

 Just a quickie post tonight, his nibs has a movie lined up ... I think it's a scary one so I guess I'll only be half watching it!

I seem to be stuck in green & yellow mode at the minute, must be a subconscious yearning for spring!  We'd a wee skiff of snow this morning, it's melted already but it's blowing a gale out there, definitely not outdoors weather!

This first card is for my niece, a wee Valentine's Day baby.  She's a big fan of hippos so I had to include this Gerda Steiner one on her card. 



And this one's for my aunt using an oldie from LOTV, it's always such a pleasure to colour.  I should use it more and just colour the daffs pink or something.



8 comments:

Liz said...

Two super cards, Lynne. I love the design on your first card with the lovely heart and adorable hippo. A beautiful card for your aunt too, the image is so sweet. xx

Nancy said...

Lynne. These are two sweet cards for two important occasions. I love the yellow and green combo and your wonderful images. The hippo is darling in front of the vertical heart and then your Aunts card is super sweet too. I would have that darling bunny stamp to have within reach in my studio to use often. I love stamps that never get old. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Cheryl W said...

I love both your cards, Lynne! I love seeing a little yellow and green right now. When I look outside, all I see is white! I don't really want to go out there, either, because it's so darn cold. Your little hippo made me smile. I think baby hippos are adorable, but the full-grown ones are a little scary. Your aunt will love those happy daffodils. I think you should color some pink...or even lavender! They'd look great in some new colors.

AlisonC said...

Green and yellow is perfect for the season (we hope is) coming soon. The daffodil stamp is gorgeous and I like the idea of pink ones! x

Vicky Hayes said...

You're definitely not alone in longing for the spring to come Lynne but I love a yellow and green combo whatever the time of year! What lovely cards you've made. I really like the way you've used that heart die on the fun card for your niece and that LOTV stamp is bang on trend again with all the cute illustration style stamps coming out! Not sure about pink daffs... lol! Vicky x

Sarah said...

Two very spring cards Lynne, lovely colour combo reminds me of daffodils!! xx

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, perfect for Spring. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations. Good Luck!
Donna x

Patti J said...

These are both adorable, and I LOVE those colors! Sweet cards, Lynne! Thanks for the inspiration!