Monday 21 June 2021

A sparkly new home

 Hi all!  Just a wee quickie card from me this evening.  Well, when I say 'quick' this was version #3 before it satisfied me, so there was nothing quick about it really! 


I won these stamps an eon ago from Taylored Expressions - they belong to a set with a big tree die that never cut right on my slightly warped Cuttlebug plates, so I never actually used the stamps before! 

The sentiment is from an old Simon Says Stamp set - if I was making this again I would centre the words more over the house.  Gloss and glitter added to the red heart and house.

Oh, and just to share, here's the duds that hit the recycling pile ...


As You Like It - favourite tip - I love to use gloss+glitter on my cards and use a little cocktail stick to sprinkle the glitter into the gloss.  It's a great way to limit escaped sparkle as you're only really aiming it at the wet gloss, the little bit of excess can just be brushed off when dry. 

Allsorts #629 - anything goes

Addicted to CAS #200 - sun


5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I think all three versions of your card look great. I like the rays of sunshine inked on the first two. But I also like the sun on the final card. I think you're too hard on yourself, Lynne. You're so talented, I can't imagine any of your creations should go into the "recycle" pile.

brenda said...

Three lovely happy and sunny creation Lynn, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Anything Goes with an Option' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne how fab this is I adore your cute card love the image and design a super make thank you for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week.
hugs
lorraine x

Wendy L said...

They all look wonderful, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xx

Sandra H said...

Lovely card