Sunday 27 June 2021

Big Wishes

 Hi All!  Happy Sunday!  We've had the loveliest sunny day today and more due for most of the week yippee, unfortunately I'll be working away looking out at it Boo!  Maybe I should relocate my laptop to the garden 😉

I bought this swirly stamp from Simply Graphic a couple of months ago and have been waiting for inspiration to strike, thankfully the sketch from AAA Cards did the trick!


I masked off my stamp, embossed in white and then inked up the background.  My whale is an oldie from MFT - I sometimes struggle with MFTs sentiments so used this one from another set.  It didn't look 'finished' until I added the grey semicircle, I guess that's the rule of '3' for you!  (though I'm not 100% positive that's the right spot for my sentiment)

Sketch from AAA Cards #193 

Sea/ whale theme from The Card Concept #158, and the colour from the inside of the mug was the exact match to my new ink pad 😁


Addicted to Stamps
#408 - birthday







9 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE your new stamp. It makes perfect waves, and that whale is so cute. I'm happy you're enjoying some sunny weather. We've had rain today, but it was really dry--we needed it--so I was happy to see the clouds. Have a good week!

Sandra H said...

So cute x

StampinwithAnita said...

Lynne, I love your little whale and design with the "Rule of 3". It's funny how we know when something just doesn't look right. But now it looks perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Jane said...

Great stamp for the sea and a fab well balanced card design. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card Lynne, love the swirly stamp, it looks great heat embossed white and makes a perfect sea. Cute whale too!! xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful CAS card ! And I love this adorable whale tool. Glad to see that Simply Graphic crossed the sea too ;-)). Gorgeous design too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

coldwaters2 said...

Another fabulous CAS card Lynn I do admire how you do CAS I struggle with it but yours always look amazing
hugs
lorraine x

Inkyfingers said...

What a great sea scene and I love how you created the watery look. Such a fun whale too and I love the sparkle coming out of the blowhole!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

LeAnne said...

I think it's ALL perfect...whale, water, sentiment and dot! Cute as can be! Thanks for playing with the Card Concept challenge!