Monday 13 June 2022

Andrea's Birthday card

 Hi all!  Well here's hoping for a decent few days of weather, I've my traditional birthday week booked off work 😁. We were up visiting family in Ballycastle today and then took Molly for a walk on the beach, but it was definitely a hoods-up and waterproof coat kind of day.  I think there were maybe half a dozen folk on the entire beach!  Ah well, we still enjoyed it! For the rest of the week I'm hoping to get our living room painted, the garden tackled, and a day or two out and about.  

I've a birthday card for my sister-in-law this evening, using this little girl from Penny Black, mmmmm wouldn't mind a cake that size!  I've also used some of my new alpha dies - I'd been on the lookout for nice slim letters for an age but I've since chucked the packaging and I've no idea where I bought them!  I coloured some scraps of white card the same as all the icing colours to cut her name and a touch of gloss over the letters to make them pop a bit and then lots of gloss/glitter on the cake's icing.  DP from an MFT Christmas pad.  I'm pleased with how this turned out. 



Layout from MFt Wednesday Sketch #597

Snippets Playground #430 - my alphas
Addicted to Stamps #431 - make your mark 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - bright and cheerful 

6 comments:

Sandra H said...

Absolutely stunning card x

Patti J said...

Glad to see your post, was beginning to worry! And what a darling card! Andrea will love all of the sparkle and shine! You outdid yourself on this ‘sweet’, colorful card! Hugs…

Sarn said...

I wouldn't mind a slice of that cake either Lynne!

Lovely birthday card and I like your alphabet dies.

Great to see you in the Snippets Playground. Come up to the Treehouse for a Birthday Cocktail! xxx

Di said...

What a brilliant Birthday card this is Lynne! So clever to match the letters to the icing colours and also the glossy accents really make the letters and the icing pop beautifully. Those are lovely dies - different to the usual capital letter dies generally on the market!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

I love that the letters match the icing, what a great idea and the stripes too bring it all together. a fabulous Birthday card xx

Cheryl W said...

I love those alpha dies you used. I will be on the lookout for a set for myself. You can't have too many die sets, right? Your card is brilliant. I love the happy colors and that grand and gorgeous cake. A slice of that would be a meal, all by itself. I'm not sure from your post if your birthday week is now or in the near future, but whenever it is, I want to wish a happy, happy day and an even better year ahead.