Saturday 25 June 2022

Blue Birthday

 I've a wee birthday card to share this evening that was 100% inspired by the birthday card my mum gave me.  I rarely use a plain coloured base for my floral cards so thought I'd have a go at making my own version.

First off, this is the card I received...

And here's my version...


My flowers are from Reverse Confetti, coloured with polychromos and an additional flower popped up on foam pads.  I added paint splatters but thought it still needed something so stamped this pretty Catherine Pooler background stamp in grey and think it looks much better.  Butterflies are a Penny Black die.

As You Like It - masculine or feminine - an easy choice for me as 99% of my stamp stash is either cutsie or floral so I tend to struggle with cards for blokes!

Word Art Wednesday #549/550 - anything goes 

Your Next Stamp #187 - anything goes 

AAA Birthday #38 - flowers

I haven't shared a photo of Molly for a while so here she is having a 'picnic' in the garden LOL.  Usually we put her lunch in something more interesting than her bowl and she loves it!


9 comments:

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning card x

Sarah said...

What a brilliant idea to take inspiration from a card given by a loved one. Such a beautiful colour blue and your interpretation is glorious. Molly looks like she is having the best time at her picnic!! xx

Cheryl W said...

Your card is lovely, as is the one your mum gave to you (I enlarged it for a close look). I love the background stamp you used. It adds that little extra finishing touch that makes the card complete. Your coloring is fab, as usual.

I can't believe how Molly has grown. She doesn't look like such a pup anymore. She's still as cute as can be. We are planning on adopting our own fur baby this fall. I'll share photos when we do.

Patti J said...

Your mom has great taste in cards! The card she sent you is beautiful! Great job with your card! The background is perfect, as is your color palette for your flowers. Little Miss Molly is so sweet! I’m sure she’s a joy to have around. So glad you shared a picture of her!

Brenda said...

I haven't been here for awhile, but I love seeing Miss Molly! What a cutie. As for your card, it is gorgeous, the bold blue really highlights your beautiful soft flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Jane said...

Your card is so beautiful and I can see why the original card inspired you so much. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Cardsbymaaike said...

royal blue makes for a gorgeous card! Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Cards Challenges

Squirrel x said...

Well, it was 50/50 but I can't argue with your choice when you make something this fabulous! Thanks for joining us at AYLI. Hugs Squirrel xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Lynne I love the background and I love how you found your inspiration really great, I just laughed when I saw Molly with her head in the bag my Jess used to love doing things like that, lol.
hugs
Lorraine x