Sunday 8 January 2023

Greg's Birthday card

 Hi all!  Gosh, Sunday evening already!  It was a bit of a dark damp old day today, not one to inspire you to go anywhere!  So I busied myself instead and got ahead of the game with Greg's Birthday card.  This adorable bear is from a set I bought from Creative Depot last month, destined to be 2023's Christmas cards, but I reckoned the bear would be fine for a birthday.

I got my scraps out for this one - I love all my MFT paper packs and always end up keeping end bits as they're too nice to chuck ...


I found a couple of little silver stars on my table (I mustn't have cleared it since Christmas LOL) so I stuck them on to use them up.  Some blue and green splatters with my metallic paints, and a bit of cord to finish.  Sentiment is from a Penny Black set.  I absolutely love how this turned out, I have sorely missed my mojo for such a long time that it is nice to make 2 cards in a row that I am pleased with!!


Snippets Playground # 445 - show us your snippets (it's their 11th Blogaversary and a brilliant prize up for grabs!!)


Layout from MFT Wednesday Sketch #627

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - something new

Your Next Stamp #194 - gifts

AAA card challe nge #231 - all about bears



10 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

aww he's one cute bear. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

Cardsbymaaike said...

did you know the AAA Birthday Card Challenges is anything birthday card goes? you might want to enter it there too ;-)

Sarn said...

Wow that’s one adorable bear. I love that you turned something for Christmas into something for a birthday. Great thinking for this superb card.

Thanks for entering your homework to the Snippets Playground. We’ve toast, crumpets, coffee and tea available up in the Treehouse - see you soon. Xxx

Sarah said...

He's PERFECT for a Birthday Lynne and I love your snippets, they've worked a treat!! xx

Di said...

Great card Lynne - and Happy Birthday to Greg of course.

Hugs

Di xx

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Lynne, I love this card! That bear makes me so happy! Someone will be happy to find this in their mailbox, my friend! Great job!

LesleyG said...

Love these two cards, so very cute, all the little details, adorable xxx

coldwaters2 said...

What a cute image Lynne I love him holding his little gift, the splash of colour with the twine and those little stars and lovely
hugs
lorraine x

cebelica said...

I know what you mean. I always have trouble throwing away scraps of the papers I like. I like the ways you used your snippets. Fantastic card! Hugs! xx

Cheryl W said...

I just want to hug that bear! He looks so happy and harmless with his little gift. I think Greg will love his card.