Sunday 12 February 2023

Alexandra's 13th Birthday

 Hi all.  I'm  here this evening with a birthday card for my niece.  I can hardly believe she's going to be a teenager. Seems like no time at all since she was a wee tot and now is taller than me! 

Image from Lili of the Valley, coloured with polychromos - sparkle added to the cupcakes and clear gloss to the jelly.  I also glossed and glittered the numbers and of course a few wee hearts as she was a Valentine's baby!  (Kinda wishing I hadn't added the splatters though)


AAA Birthday #46 - use a stencil (my clouds)

Moving Along with the Times #151 - numbers

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - fun with dies 

Cut it Up #271 - have a heart

7 comments:

Larelyn said...

Awww, a special birthday makes anyone's heart sing. Your card is perfect and such great coloring. I just haven't mastered pencils yet. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Have a Heart challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Liz said...

A cute card, Lynne. Alexandra will love it. xx

Cheryl W said...

So, so cute! Love that image and the way you've colored it. I also love the little strips of DSP you added on both sides. I need to remember to give that a try, because I love how it looks.

sentsue said...

Nice work coloring the image. I struggle with that. Thanks for sharing your work with us on the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Patti J said...

You always create with the sweetest images! What a fun card, Lynne! Who wouldn’t be happy dancing at the mailbox when they received this? Great card, dear friend!!!

The Dream Pages said...

Beautiful..
Thank you so much for joining in us at AAA birthday challenge.. Keep crafting and keep participating..
Swapna

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the sweet image you used and the fabulous coloring!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda