Sunday 19 March 2023

Mother's Day

 Hi all!  Well it's been a weekend of events ... St Patrick's Day on Friday (free day off work yey!), Ireland winning the Six Nations on Saturday, and Mother's Day today!  So this is Mum's card using this cutie from Penny Black.  She has a fabulous rose garden so this image is actually pretty perfect for her as she does spend all summer watering them!  Coloured with polychromos and clear gloss added to the watering can.

Penny Black Saturday March - anything goes 

Daisy chain challenge #72 - flowers

Word Art Wednesday #587/588 - anything goes 

And here's a wee photo of my lovely mum with her roses...



4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Oh, my goodness, I am SO impressed with your mother's roses. She definitely has a green thumb. I've tried for years to grow roses, and I've only had luck with the very hardiest ones that will live despite my (lack of) care! Your card is adorable. I am certain she loved it.

Sandra H said...

Ooh that's a lovely rose garden your card is so beautiful too x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, Lynne. What an absolutely gorgeous garden. I have a small yard, so I have only three rose bushes out front. They THRIVE every year. Because it's relatively warm here in Las Vegas that they bloom new roses all year round. It's such a beautiful blessing to see them every day. Art is much like that...a beautiful gift from God for us to enjoy. I always enjoy seeing your wonderful art and I'm very grateful that you faithfully share your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Have a great week and please stop by again soon. I'm so grateful for all the art you share with us.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

What fun to ‘meet’ your mum! She’s certainly got a green thumb - her flowers are gorgeous! I’m sure she loved this adorable card! Thanks for the inspiration, dear friend!!!