Monday 1 May 2023

Sunshiney Flowers!

 Hi all!  I've been struggling with my mojo (yes, again!) so I was pleased to see the challenge over at Just Us Girls was to CASE a designer.  I used these pretty daisies from Penny Black that don't see ink often enough.  Coloured with polychromos and then masked off the flowers and added some metallic ink splats.  The sentiment was a total faff ... it's actually orange card stock but didn't look right and even double mounting and then adding another black layer, still looked 'meh'.  Then I remembered my buddy Cheryl painting dies with her metallic paints so I gave it a go and now have a gold sentiment!! 



Just Us Girls #677 - I chose Lisa's beautiful card
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes 
Word Art Wednesday #593/594 - anything goes 
Snippets Playground #453 - bit of a different snippets for me this week - my scrap paper I use over my craft mat to keep it clean was just about to head for the recycling, but I ended up using it to cut the masks for my flowers

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your yellow daisies make me smile, they're so cheerful! I love what the little golden splatters add. This is a delightful card, Lynne. Thanks for picking my card to CASE, I'm so honored and thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Cheryl W said...

When your mojo comes around, he REALLY comes around! Your card looks awesome, and I LOVE the gold sentiment. Those metallic paints are great, aren't they? I've been using them on some embossed designs lately. So much fun!

Sandra H said...

I love this card it’s refreshing and light xx

ElizStewart said...

Lynne... looks like your mojo is healthy again! Love the daisies and your coloring. Thanks so much for sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Glad we inspired you. Thanks for CASEing the wonderful card of Lisa’s. Love your take! Thanks for joining us at JUGS

Lynette said...

This is really beautiful, and such a great idea to use metallic paint on the letters. I heard about you from two friends, Cheryl and Patti, so I thought I better check you out! Great cards. (Cheryl was over to play on Saturday, and used her metallic paints. :-) )

Sarah said...

Wow, this is a stunner and I love the gold!! xx

Sarn said...

Terrific card full of beautiful sunshiney flowers. Sure to brighten someone's day. Thank you for explaining how you used snippets for this card . . . a good use of your mat covering paper!

Thanks for submitting homework to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Come up to the treehouse to find out what illicit goodies I have inside my satchel while Miss Di isn’t looking! x

Di said...

Great card Lynne - and what a save with the sentiment. It looks perfect with the lovely sunny flowers - great work!

Hugs

Di xx

Karen Letchworth said...

What a fun and fabulous card, Lynne. The depth, colors and design are all wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always so greatly appreciated, my friend. Please stop by again soon and have a blessed week!
karen L

Patti J said...

Wow! Looks like your MoJo came back in super power mode! Beautiful card! Hmmmm….painting dies? Will have to check that our, sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing 🌼🌼🌼