Saturday 6 May 2023

First Christmas card of the year!

 Well that was definitely a day for TV, it would have been fantastic to be in London!  I love all the pomp and ceremony of the Royal celebrations and was so pleased to see it all go off so well.  I'm sure they were all glad of a sit down and a cup of tea (or something stronger!) after it was all over.

I used the time while I was watching it to make a wee Christmas card, first of the year so I'm well behind schedule!  I stencilled my background, added some silver metallic splats, snowflake die cut (covered in gloss and glitter), and then a few little stars to finish.  Bear from Creative Depot popped up on foam pads.  


Addicted to Stamps #445 - dies/stencils

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - no patterned paper 

Cards 4 Guys #321 - get messy - inks and splats

Word Art Wednesday #593/594 - anything goes 

And here's a wee pic of Molly in our local woods, I think we hit it just at the right time for the peak of the bluebells display they were absolutely fabulous!




9 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your Christmas card is fab. I LOVE the stenciling and silver splatters, and that bear is just too cute. I'm so grateful to be reminded that I need to make some Christmas cards, too. I've made a few, but lots more to do. Molly is such a little beauty. She looks perfect in a field of bluebells.

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x

Pamela said...

love the *messy - ink and splat* that you used on your card to create this cute and wonderful Christmas card. We hope to see you again C4Guyz

Sarah said...

I absolutely LOVE that card Lynne, a brilliant design and the colours are fantastic!! Beautiful pic of Molly amongst the bluebells and wild garlic xx

dj said...

Adorable Christmas card!! Thanks for "getting messy" with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz...you rocked our messy theme with our sprays and glitters!! I am sure your work space ended up a bit messy
-Deb Horst, DT #C4G321

Karen Letchworth said...

This is super pretty, Lynne. I especially love how you used the stencil for the (negative) snowflakes. That's just BEAUTIFUL. This is so lovely and I'm very grateful to have you share your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Thanks so much for sharing with us and please join us again soon.

laurie said...

Such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

Julie B said...

Aw, I love the expression on the polar bears face and the inky background you created. The bluebells are out here too, they appear to have spread but perhaps the sheep have been out of the field long enough for them to develop fully! Thanks for joining in at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Patti J said...

Cuteness! That furball has stolen my heart! And you KNOW I can’t resist an adorable snowman ⛄️ - great job!