Sunday 21 January 2024

Marlene's birthday card

 Hi all! Bit of a wild night here, we have Storm Isha visiting and it's blowing an absolute hooley out there!  Definitely not an evening for walkies! The noise from the wind is frightening and our lights are flickering away here, hopefully the power stays on!  Molly is fed up with the weather too as we're just getting over our first taste of snow and ice but thankfully it only hung about for a few days.

Anyway, I've I card for a friend of mum's to share this evening. I've used an oldie Penny Black stamp and some of my new flower dies from Creative Depot.  Some background splatters with metallic paints and the little flower gems have been in my stash forever so I'm glad to use them!  MFT striped paper.

As You Like It - favourite paper brand - I don't buy a lot of designer papers but have always loved any My Favourite Things pads that I've bought, they're great quality and always nice colours. 

Penny Black Saturday January - anything goes 

Snippets Playground #472 - unfortunately I missed playing in Di's 12th anniversary challenge so I'm making sure to play along this week!  My snippets on this card are my flowers cut from the leftover bit of the circle

My Time to Craft #525 - new stash (my flowers)



8 comments:

Sarn said...

Suffering the same storm as you. It’s lashing it down with v high winds as I type!

Love this very sweet card and your cute new flower dies. Always love a bit of splattering!!!

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. We’ve battened down the hatches in the treehouse and got plenty of hot chocolate on the go!!! Xxx

Cheryl W said...

Awwww...look at that sweet bear in her pretty hat. So cute! Love the die-cut and splatters in the background. I have a hard time getting splatters right. They usually end up looking like someone sneezed big time on my card! We've had some wind here, too. It's a cold wind, but not blowing nearly as hard as your Storm Isha. Stay safe and warm.

Di said...

Aw Lynne - what an adorable card! I do love her cute little face. Hope you weren't amongst the thousands who were without power in Ireland - that certainly was some storm! Dudley went into the garden for a bedtime wee and his long floppy ears actually stood on end!

Hugs
Di xx

Sarah said...

A gorgeous card Lynne. I love the adorable PB bear sitting on the banner. Lovely to see you at AYLI. MFT are among my favourite papers, although I do have rather a large collection so that's subject to change!! We survived Isha and are currently being battered by storm Jocelyn. The tail end, hopefully xx

Brenda said...

This is absolutely so cute! I love your little bear and that you have sheltered her under that gorgeous die. I love the pops of color in the splatters. Hope you've weathered the storm without to much damage. Thanks so much for joining us in the fave paper challenge over at As You Like It Challenge!

Dotty Jo said...

The more PB images I see at the moment, the more I want. As always, your colouring is amazing, and I love your card design! Jo x

Sandra H said...

So pretty the image is so adorable love the background too x

Card Creator said...

This is so adorable and your coloring is fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at My Time to Craft. I am looking forward to seeing more of your beauties.

~Tamara (DT)