Sunday 4 February 2024

Some fishy cards for David & Greg

 Hi all, here this blustery evening with a few fish themed cards. This first one is for my brother - he keeps tropical fish so I thought these dudes from Simply Graphic would do the trick.  I stencilled in some bubbles using my snow stencil and added some metallic silver splatters too. 


Layout from AAA Cards #258 
My Time to Craft #526 hobbies
Allsorts #766 - from the grid I've used stencil / red / green 

And this is Greg's card ... I hadn't realised my stencilling was so wonky until I took the photo

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - anything goes 
Addicted to Stamps #460 - dies / stencil (sorry I can't remember the brand name of either)

For Greg's birthday I treated myself to a couple of days off work (let's face it, any excuse is a good one 😉).  Here's a wee photo of beautiful Ballycastle on a day out - the waves were so rough I could have watched them for hours.  Unfortunately it was blowing a gale and we had an urgent date at the local chippy LOL


16 comments:

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Lynne. I just love those cute little fish.
Liz xx

Card Creator said...

These both are fabulous! I am a lover of the sea, so anything nautical is right up my alley. I am sure David will absolutely love your card. Thank you so much for sharing these beauties with us at My Time to Craft

~Tamara

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE your fish cards. And I didn't notice any wonkiness!! The sailor hats on the fish are too funny. I hadn't thought of using a snow stencil for bubbles, but it worked a treat. Thanks for the idea, and have a great week!

brenda said...

A lovely design with the fish, sounds perfect for your Brother, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and following the bingo grid.

B x

kareN stampZ said...

OMG both cards are fabulous but the wee green fishes look so cute (my fav colour). LOVE your take on the sketch at AAA Cards, this is fun and fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us this week.

KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

Dotty Jo said...

Oooo, lovely fish cards, Lynne! I really struggle to make cards for the men in my family. Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

BTW, it's cards for guys at Lost Coast Design during Feb, Jo x

Ellibelle said...

Both are absolutely beautiful, hard to choose a favorite and glad I don't have to. I am sure they were both thrilled to receive their cards! Great photo of the waves too!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Kath said...

Two fabulous fishy cards!
Kath x

Susan Renshaw said...

Great fishy cards! Love the coastal scene too...
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

creationsnz said...

Hi Lynne. both wonderful takes on the sketch & CAS - they will be so pleased with them. CarolG visiting from AAACards

sentsue said...

Well done Lynne! Those fishes are so cute. Thanks for sharing on the AAA Cards Challenge.

Sarah said...

Fabby fishy cards Lynne. What a great idea to use a snow stencil as bubbles!! Thank you for sharing that gorgeous pic with us xx

Linby said...

Two wonderful cards with the fish stamps. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic take on the sketch. The fish are adorable. Pleased to see you playing along with AAA Cards challenge. Hope to see you again. Christine

Helen said...

Two great cards and a lovely photo too.

Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Helen x
DT