Kerri had a great tutorial over on the Stamping Bella blog on how to colour skin tones with Derwent Inktense pencils. I've never been overly happy with my skin colouring so it was great to have a go. The trick is to give your paper time to dry between layering colours (which I didn't do - so there's a dark brown line to the left of her face!).
This one uses an old Tiddly Inks image - I covered the balloon with my clear glitter pen and added some googly eyes. For her hat, I added some dark glitter to the nose and baubles. Clear gloss to her shoes.
- Layout from MFT Wednesday Sketch Club #294
- Cats Only challenge #9 - furrything goes
- Tuesday Throwdown #307 - anything goes
- Crafty Catz #334 - birthdays
So this is effort #2 at the colouring tutorial. This time I misjudged my blusher and she's got a bit of a pink eye ;)
Image from Whiff of Joy - I covered her dress, hairband and letters with my clear glitter pen (what did I do before I got one of these?!!), clear gloss to her shoes, and clear gloss + glitter to her flower.
My text stamp is an oldie from Clear Stamps - I stamped it off on scrap paper first to take most of the ink off. I wish I'd done that too with the sentiment, it's a bit in your face.
- General card theme based on amymay998's card - last week's featured stamper at Splitcoast
- Crafty Creations #322 - words on the background
- Colour theme from CAS Colours and Sketches #187
- My time to Craft #327 - embossing
And finally, I've no sympathy cards in my stash, so I might make a few more of these. They're always a lot easier to make when you don't know who they're for.
I love this stamp from LOTV, it's very easy to colour too - just a dot of colour in the centre of each flower, blend it out and then add some darker highlights. Easy peasy. Flowers also covered with my clear glitter pen, and a few clear sequins from Taylored Expressions to finish.
- Layout from Share Joy #49
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - make for the border
- As you like it - favourite flower - I love hydrangeas, I've a beautiful one in my garden but for some reason it only produced one lonely bloom this year. I think maybe I pruned it too late in spring?
- CASual Fridays #154 - time to colour
- Allsorts #377 - fabulous florals