Saturday 3 March 2018

Birthday balloons and cute critters

Oh BrrrrBrrrrBrrrr that has been one cold week! We managed to miss most of the snow, even compared to Belfast 20 miles away where it was a winter wonderland!  The wee bit of snow we did have was quite dry, wispy, drifty stuff, and it's mostly melted today - Ruby will be devastated next time she puts her nose outside not to have any snow to stick her head in ;)


I think the cold weather has frozen my mojo, it took me ages to make this simple wee card!  Not helped by me sticking the front panel down wonky first time and then having to peel if off without totally destroying it.

Anyway, my stamp is an oldie from Whipper Snapper.  MFT stitched dies.  Coloured with watercolour pencils and clear gloss added to the balloons and glitter to the 'Pop'.


And then I made this one from the leftover scraps!  Stamps from Paper Smooches - coloured with watercolour pencils.  I also stamped some little paw prints over the BG but they don't really show up in my pic.


11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great cards, Lynne, bet you had fun making these! I'll package up some snow for Ruby and send it across - we have heaps here. Andy has had to dig a path through the garden for Custard. At least I've had a good excuse to stay in and craft! Jo x

jimlynn said...

Really cute and fun cards! Little Ruby is precious too.
Lynn

Cheryl W. said...

Fun cards! Those critters are great. Love how you added some gloss to the eyes. We're bracing for another winter storm here, too. It is supposed to start tomorrow night. They are predicting up to a foot of snow and some rain, too. I think I'll stay home!!

Sarah said...

Awwww look at little Ruby in her winter coat, she has such a pretty little face. The boys just about managed to dig at the last of our snowdrifts this morning, now they have all thawed. I love this pair of cards, great paper and super cute stamled images xx

Janis Lewis said...

Fun card! Thanks for joining us at Craftaholics R Us.

MagsB said...

I'm so glad you've escaped the worst of the snow! I hope Storm Emma passed you by, too - I've seen shots of the harbour at Balbriggan in Co Dublin where my daughter lives, and the huge waves that were crashing into the shore!

Your cards are adorable, and what a great idea to use your scraps up at once! (Mine get shoved into a drawer and forgotten - I must take a leaf out of your book!)

Stay safe and warm!

love Mags B xxx

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh your balloon card is adorable! Love that image! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Lin said...

Fun cards, Lynne - love the glossy accents on your balloon, and the critters on your 2nd card always make me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Ruby looks so snug in her wee coat, hope your weather has now started to warm up a tad.. Thank you for sharing your sweet heart card best wishes in the *I heart You* Blog Challenge.
Tracey DT

Maria said...

What a super cute image! Gott love the shiny balloon. Great job and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Bobby said...

Both cards are cute, Lynne, but that mouse fearing a fall when the last balloon pops is priceless. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.