Sunday 11 March 2018

The Hobbit and a Golden Anniversary

I'd spotted on Dotty Jo's blog a new challenge - based on library books.  I'm a huge fan of our local library - I go through about a book a week on the bus to work, so if I was paying for them they'd cost me a small fortune!!

Anyway, challenge #2 at the Library Challenge is The Hobbit and I just had to play along!  I did it in school and I think I almost lost the will to live. It probably didn't help either that it was about 9000 pages long and it instilled in me a lifelong dislike for fantasy books.  I've even tried watching the movie - I mean, how could you not love a film with gorgeous eye candy like Orlando Bloom, Aidan Quinn, and the rest!  But no.  I'd nearly rather clean the oven.

I didn't have any spare hobbits in my stash, reckon this gnomey dude from Paper Smooches is the closest I was going to get ;)
MFT village die.  Coloured with watercolour pencils.  Gnome popped up on foam pads.



And following on from yesterday's silver anniversary, we have a Golden one (for their parents!!)
I've used my gorgeous sparkly card again and kept the sameish layout as my Mother's Day card.  Image from LOTV coloured with watercolour pencils and popped up on foam pads.  Personalised by adding their names to the book.

14 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

What a great idea to add the recipients names to the book in your image. This card is lovely, and I'm sure it will be much appreciated. I also like to visit my local library. I truly don't see the need to buy books (and kill more trees) when I can get them at one of several libraries within a 5-mile radius of my house. I have belonged to a book club for well over 20 years and have read so many interesting books because of it. Right now we are reading Enchanted Islands by Allison Amend. It's a story that takes place on the Galapagos Islands during WWII.

Claire said...

I love your take on the challenge, the gnome is so sweet and perfect. I had to laugh at your description of reading/watching The Hobbit, it is definitely a tough read and I've avoided the film like a disease lol x

Dotty Jo said...

Glad to have been Jo the happy enabler again! Love both cards, Lynne. Whenever I see the Hobbit advertised on telly I'll always wonder if you are cleaning the oven! :)) Jo x

Marina said...

So glad you found the challenge and entered this card with this hobbit/ elf-like creature. I love the layering of the trees and houses, and the stars. Thanks for joining The Library. (and I don't like the book either!)

meg said...

love the anniversary card, the heart die is beautiful, thank you for joining in at MMM.

Sarah said...

Lol...I wasn't partial to The Hobbit either, however your interpretation is fantastic and might have changed my mind!! A Great golden anniversary card too, that heart is going to be a worthwhile investment xx

Unknown said...

Lovely personalized card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa

Tanja said...

adorable projects - thanks for playing along at the Addicted to Stamps and More Make your Mark Challenge

tilly said...

a super Lotv image, . thanks for joining us at crafty catz and hope to see you again
Tilly

Creative world said...

Lovely image and coloring and beautiful design...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge
Ċ½eljka DT xx

Inkyfingers said...

Fantasy books aren't my cup of tea either Lynne but your card on the other hand is so cute! That is a great take on the sketch and I love how you built up the scene.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Lynne,
I'm back again to say thanks for sharing with Happy Little Stampers too!
Hugs
Carol x

Basslady said...

your cards are both totally adorable!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my monday challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Priya said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for playing with us at Make My Monday challenge. Priya-DT