Wednesday 15 August 2018

Blues and greens

It's Summer School time again over at MFT and today's theme is monochromatic

Laurie has a gorgeous card over on the blog mainly using different coloured card, but I don't have such a fabulous collection so I used my watercolour pencils instead.  I pulled out 3 similar blues to colour her jumper.  I'd some snippets of white card stock left over so used it for a few die cuts and then coloured them in the same pencils.

I'm not sure why my stamped leaves look a bit sludgy here, they're definitely greener in real life!!  I would get up and take a better pic, but I'm watching Orangutang Jungle School on telly and it's just the cutest thing ever!

Anyway, this card was made for the Library Challenge and the current book is The Jungle Book.  I've actually read the book this week ;)  And the film, in my opinion, gets the top award for the best song EVER ... you can't help but sing along with it and feel happy!
I used an oldie High Hopes stamp and added clear gloss to his teeth and eyes, and some sparkle to the vine leaves.  Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp.


11 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Such cute, happy cards! You have the best stamps. When you said you added some gloss to the monkey's teetch, I had to smile. Wishing I could add a little gloss to MY teeth! he he

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Lynne! Love the smiley monkey and that background is fabulous, Jo x

Carol L said...

How cute! The image is darling and I love all those white dots around the outside edges! Love the hanging in there monkey card too! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

Marina said...

Two wonderful cards - your colouring on the blue one is great.

I love the leaves in the background - they don't look sludgy to me, but I know what you mean - my camera (actually it's a phone!) fails to show the real shades of pinks and purples, no matter what I do. Anyway, love the glossy teeth - this is a fun card. Thanks for joining The Library.

Patti said...

Both are great cards but my fave is the little girl, I thought wow she looks like my granddaughter. I love the way you colored her too. Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Di said...

I love both of these cards Lynne! your snippets one is just so pretty - cute image and I adore that shade of blue! And the monkey card is a hoot - and yup, I now can't get that tune out of my head!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

Fabulous cards Lynne xx

Debbie said...

Aww! These are both absolutely adorable!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Awww - isn't this adorable! What a super sweet image. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

*Urška* said...

Such cute card. I love this image and colours.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Both cards are fantastic! Thank you for sharing them with us at That’s Crafty! X