Saturday 19 January 2019

More dancing hippos - for Alex's 9th birthday

Just a quickie post tonight.  It's movie night and Jack Ryan is on the menu.  I've read a few of the books and enjoyed them, so hope the movie lives up to them.  Mind you, it will be easy to watch with Chris Pine and I love Kevin Kostner and Kenneth Brannagh anyway, so I think we're on a winner here ;)

When I saw the sketch over at Less Is More I immediately saw the 2 triangles as a spotlight, though I'm hoping all those splatters don't take my card out of CAS!  I've used my new hippos from Clearly Besotted again - coloured with polychromos, clear gloss/glitter added to their tutus and popped up on foam pads.  Gummiapan sentiment die.  This card is for my niece whose favourite animal is a hippo!!!

This one uses an oldie from Lili of the Valley, a freebie embossing folder and a snip of DP found at the bottom of a pile on my desk!  I've popped the image panel up and added some spearkle to the butterfly and flower.  My DP is brighter and matches my little girl better in real life!
MFT wonky circles die.  

8 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

Those dancing hippos are so cute. Love your little flower girl, too. These cards will be fun to give and receive. Have a good time at the movies.

CA Scrapper said...

Your cards are so adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin’ Divas this week.

Leslie

Kathyk said...

Two adorable makes. Popped here from the LIM challenge to admire your fab hippo card. Didn't watch Jack Ryan but have it recorded to enjoy at some point!

Kathyk

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Lynne! Your colouring of the dancing hippos is gorgeous. I'm sure I need hippos in my stash too! Jo x

Unknown said...

Your card is so sweet! Love your CAS design!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Sarah said...

These are Fabby cards Lynne!! That sweet little girl will fit in a great at the Cutie Pies, we are CAS this time xx

Patti said...

Dancing Hippos! I'm certain there is nothing cuter in all of blogland!!

Deb said...

both adorably cute cards, so love those hippos!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx