Saturday 2 November 2019

Christmas Elf and a blue bee

I'd an early morning shopping trip to HobbyCraft this morning for the opening of their first store in Northern Ireland.  I turned up about 10 minutes before the store opened and managed to be one of the first 100 customers and got a free goodie bag.  The woman at the front of the queue had been there from silly o'clock, hope she thought her goodies were worth it!   I managed to spend a small fortune and have probably used up my crafty budget for the next few months but I'd expected to come out with my purse a lot lighter than it did.
I got lots of 'essentials' and bought this pack of DP for the sole reason that I reckoned it would suit this MFT elf!

Coloured with polychromos and dog and elf popped up on foam pads.  I need to finish my elf though, I've just noticed that as per usual I haven't coloured his hair.

This one uses the Honey Bear set from Reverse Confetti and a lovely die cut from my buddy  (thank you Cheryl!) - I thought it kinda looked like a wee fence.  I've stamped a pink tree in the background but it doesn't really show up in my pic.  And seeing as my tree was pink I figured there was no reason why my bee couldn't be blue!  LOL

7 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...just love your sweet creation!!! You little elf is as adorable as it gets! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Cheryl W said...

Your DSP looks perfect behind your happy little elf! I love that festive card. Your thank you card is wonderful, too. So glad you can use the little die-cuts. They're not much, but sometimes help to add a little dimension and interest to a card.

Nonni said...

That bear is just super super cute... I love the small scene you created and yet the look of your card is stylishly CAS! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

samantha's cards said...

What a great take on the double challenge, the bear is so sweet.Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous cards Lynne and I can see that you definitely needed that paper pad, you are quite right, it was made for those MFT elves!! xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous cards...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)
Wendy xx

Surekha Galagoda said...

Hi Your card is super super cute and the coloring is magnificent. Love your color palette too. Nice to meet you. I am also taking part in the 30 day Coloring Challenge. On apersonal note would love to know how you allocate money for your craft budget. It can be a separate post. Blessings to you and your family from mine