Sunday 8 December 2019

An LOTV two-fer

Eeek, the Christmas deadline is fast approaching so I need to get a bit craftier than I have been recently!

I usually give my Aunt a few cards as part of her pressie, and I've a fair idea that these ones would be sent to her great-nieces.  I love my LOTV stamps, gutted that they're only doing their new ones in digital :(

Coloured with polychromos and sparkle added to the flower.  Also, I saw on Kathy's page (The Daily Marker) recently that she draws in eyelashes with a very fine marker, so I gave that a go, though I think next time I'll draw them slightly above the way she did.  I would have added another butterfly or two down the left hand side, but my snippet left over was just too small even for the little butterfly and I've none of this lovely blue card left :(

This one uses my new sunburst stencil from Clearly Besotted's sale ... I did accidentally buy other goodies too of course but they're for sharing on another day ;)

My little girl is popped up on foam pads and I added sparkle to her jumper.  Pink and blue stars from stash.

10 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Cheryl W said...

These are both so cute! I love your sunburst stenciling in the background. It really brings the focus to your cute image. Your coloring is perfect, too, as usual. Have a good week.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely cards and I really like the colours that you've used. Thank you for joining us in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Patti said...

These cards are so sweet Lynne! your aunt is going to want to frame them instead of send them!! Those little girls are so cute!!

I am sorry that you don't like digital images but once you get the hang of it maybe you could be persuaded to join the digi loving world LOL For me... I have a few but rarely use them. I think I need to check LOTV now though. : )

Have a great day!
Patti

Dotty Jo said...

Fabby LOTV cards, Lynne. It is a pity about them going digi only isn't it, Jo x

Debbie said...

Aw! These are both so cute!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Di said...

Two lovely cards Lynne. And I think you have just the right number of butterflies on your snippets card. What a sweet idea to draw in the eyelashes. Like you though, I'm sad that LOTV have gone purely digital - and they've even stopped doing the few of their wonderful background papers that for a little while they had as digital after they ditched the 'real life' paper pads. Not sure if it's still the case but they've stopped going to craft shows as well - I guess that is still true with them going digital! Duh. But even before then they'd really eased back. Cherish the stamps you already have, someday they could well be collectors items!

Hope wee Ruby is feeling better now.

Hugs

Di xx

Sarah said...

I miss this little character Lynne, I think she was called Molly. Two sweet cards xx

pinky said...

Lynne they are both super cute!! I think I have that first stamp somewhere still. Thanks for joining us with our Anything Goes challenge over at Stamping Sensations this month.
Pinky

Sally H said...

That's fabulous! Your colouring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!