Thursday 26 December 2019

Here's to 2020!

Well that's Christmas done and dusted for another year.  We'd a great feast with the clan down in Mum's, and then back again today for round 2 of the turkey!  Elastic waistbands are definitely the way to go ;)

Anyway, as lots of you already know I usually make my Mum's calendar pages each month and 9 times out of 10 they're late!  So I got ahead of the game this year and made them all in advance as a wee Christmas gift.    I wrote out the little poem about the months of the year (in my awful scrawly writing) and stuck it to the bottom edge of each one.  I was going great guns but got a bit stuck on July (I'm not even sure what a gillyflower is!) and October was a bit iffy too as I only have 1 image of a nut in my stash and I couldn't think what to do with it.













12 comments:

Viv said...

A lovely present Lynne!
The images are fab and loving the July penguins with their ice lolly!
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Sarah said...

Lol...definitely elasticated waistband time!! I stupidly bought a gammon, as well, which is mahoosive so that is going to keep us going for a few more days!! Love the calendar pages for your Mum, love the handwritten ditties for each month xx

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Great idea, I really like this calendar.
Thank you for participating in our Anything Goes Challenge at Through the craft room door this week. See you in the next challenge.
regards
Danka
TTCRD
Danki's creative passions {My Blog}

brenda said...

Such a pretty calendar, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our current theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Ooops, and Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sally H said...

That's a wonderful calendar! The images are so lovely and your colouring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Furrbster said...

This is brilliant - I absolutely adore it,

Thanks for playing along with our final challenge of 2019 at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Cheryl W said...

Wow! That was a lot of work, and you did a wonderful job. This is such a great gift for your mum.

Linby said...

Every year I think I will do this and never do. Well done - it look amazing.
Thanks for joining in again with my anything goes challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely calendar project with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; its beautiful and fits perfectly with our ‘Anything but a card’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us for our next challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

Such a bright and lovely project. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!