Sunday 12 January 2020

A flying Zebra and Get Well roses

We've had a lovely bright day today, but it's all change for tomorrow.  Storm Brendan is due to hit with 85mph gales, so it definitely won't be an umbrella type of day!  This little guy would be blown to Spain LOL

I had a little slice of this swirly DP in my pile that I knew would come in handy and it was just big enough to slide behind my hearts die :)
Zebra popped up on foam pads, sparkle added to the edge of the umbrella and shine added to his hooves.  Little blue stars from stash.

I couldn't get a decent pic of this one, you'll have to trust me that it looks much better in real life LOL

I've discovered that I can colour in and watch TV at the same time, mostly thanks to my fab new sharpener that catches all the shavings, so I'm not up and down every 2 minutes to sharpen my pencils!
Floral image from Clearly Besotted, coloured with polychromos and then splattered with pink and green watercolours.

12 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I love both of these cards; that zebra is so stinkin' cute! Beautiful pencil coloring on the flowers. Looks like coloring and TV work well for you, lol. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Patti J said...

That zebra card is so sweet! Is that a digi image? Love the swirly blue paper you snuck in there....genius! The flower card is so pretty. Someone will be happy to receive it, for sure. Thanks for sharing! Will be thinking of you this week. If you go out in the wind with your umbrella, aim yourself in my direction - when you get here, we will play with paper!

Sarah said...

These are FAB Lynne, love that gorgeous zebra, he really is perfect for that sketch. It is mighty gusty here right now so you must be really getting blown about, take care xx

Patti said...

Hi Lynne : ) Two great cards! I really like the DP behind the hearts in your first card. That is a clever idea!! I am always looking for ways to use my DP!! I really love that sweet, perfectly colored Zebra too!!

Your second card is so pretty and elegant! I really like your design and the sweet accents you added including your delicate "doodling"

Be safe when the storm hits!!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Francesca said...

Sweet zebra for a sweet card. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Cheryl W said...

I love both your cards. The heart die on the first one is so pretty--especially with the swirly blue DSP behind the cutouts. Your coloring on the second one is so pretty. Those roses look just beautiful. That sounds like a nasty storm heading your way. Stay safe! I hope there is no damage from it.

Jane said...

Super strip of hearts and an adorable image hanging in there. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Cécile Ribon said...

Those 2 cards are so pretty! Your delightful rose bouquet is so delicate. You did an amazing coloring job! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kath said...

Fabulous cards - I love the flying zebra!
Kath x

Quillish said...

Wow, I love your take on the sketch! Those hearts in the background look awesome and that Zebra is the cutest. Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards. Hugs ~ Ishani.

Di said...

Two gorgeous cards Lynne! I have an older version of the Faber Castell sharpener which also catches the shavings and I love it! The zebra is so cute - and your flowers are gorgeous too. Wonderful colouring!

Hugs

Di xx

Joy Dsouza said...

Your card is so adorable. I love the strip of hearts in the background. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
- Joy