Saturday 4 January 2020

Flowers #2 and Chris's birthday card

Happy New Year folks!  I can hardly believe it's 20 years since the hooha at the turn of the millennium!  I spent mine dosed with the cold but squeezed in a wee Baileys just for the sake of it and managed to stay up long enough to see the fireworks on TV.

Here's the remake of the birthday card I made recently with my new Clearly Besotted stamp and used watercolours this time.  Not a medium I'm overly happy with, give me watercolour pencils any day. Though it's all part of my 'be more adventurous' crafty resolution and to try new or different techniques.


I should know by now not to leave cards to the last minute.  My mojo tends to go AWOL and I'd no clue what to make for my brother-in-law.  I'd seen one like this on Pinterest a while ago using a big balloon die and thought I'd have a go at making my own, though I'm not sure if it actually looks like a balloon or not ... at least Greg didn't manage to guess what it was!  Maybe I should have had more of a curve on the edge?  Ah well, time's up, it will have to do.
 

8 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful, and I knew immediately that the second card featured a big balloon. I think it's perfect, and I'm certain your BIL will love it. Happy crafting in 2020!

Patti said...

More great cards!! no evidence of a sluggish mojo. I'm sad to hear you have been under the weather. Have another Baileys (a favorite of mine also) to celebrate just as soon as you feel better... or sooner... it'll make you feel better! : )

BIG (((hugs)))
Patti

brenda said...

I agree Lynne, it doesn't seem like 20 years does it, I recall spending hours making bacon butties for the 'children' as they crawled home with friends at unearthly hours.

Such a pretty floral creation in the pretty soft colour palette, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week. The Birthday card is very stylish as well.

B x

Dawn Phillips said...

Two great cards. It looks like a balloon to me and I think it's a brilliant male card and perfect for our theme. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Sue - said...

A great ballooon card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

Mervi said...

Beautiful cards Lynne.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mummylade said...

Such lovely colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Lynne, what a gorgeous, shiny, big, blue balloon you've used for that birthday card! It's perfect for our "blue is the colour" challenge. Thanks so much for joining in for our Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge this fortnight.