Thursday 23 April 2020

Baby Ellie

Hi folks, hope you're all safe and well.  Sorry I've been MIA - I'd totally lost my mojo so thought I'd give myself a wee break from crafting and blogging.  Anyway, I'm back with this old Wild Rose Studio stamp from maybe 8 years ago or so.  Someone told me once that elephants were bad luck on baby cards, I've no idea if that's true or not but I haven't paid any heed to it anyway ;)

Coloured with polychromos.  When I coloured my green balloons I also added a hint of the pale yellow to pull the two colours together and I like how they turned out.  I hadn't planned on adding the tag at the top but the obligatory dirty mark needed hiding!

  • Layout from AAA Cards #163
  • Addicted to CAS #183 - animal
  • Retro Rubber #133 - anything goes
  • As You Like It - favourite non birthday occasion - well I love making Christmas cards but I'm not in the right mood for them, so my next favourite is baby cards.  All those cute images and soft colours, and of course that they're for a brand new baby!  

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Good to see you posting again! My mojo is totally up and running at the moment - no idea how that's happened! Love your card. The balloons look great and that Ellie is adorable. Hope yourself, Greg and Ruby are keeping well, Jo x

Cheryl W said...

So good to see your post, Lynne. Your card is adorable. I love that little elephant and his balloons. I can see the hint of yellow in the green balloons and it looks fantastic. What a great idea! Our weather is definitely warmer than the snowy day we had for Easter Sunday, but it still doesn't quite meet the mark in my book. I've put my seedlings outside, but I think they're prone to shiver at night.

Flo said...

Such a cute card, and the colors chosen for the balloons is gender-neutral.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a sweet card to welcome a baby. Thanks for joining us at Addicted To CAS.

Cardsbymaaike said...

Very pretty, always love the WilD Rose imges, I miss them. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Sarah said...

How can something so cute be bad luck!! A fabulous card Lynne and as always, you are always welcome at AYLI. My mojo has definitely wandered off and were it not for Dt commitments I would be struggling xx

Francesca said...

very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Jane said...

How adorable! Love those greens and yellows a really refreshing change from the usual pinks and blues on baby cards. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Lynne:Forgive me for the late comment, it's been busy up here with some DIY bathroom renovations.
This is just such a sweet card, the baby elephant image is just perfect for a "welcome baby" card.
Love the soft colors too.
Thank you for sharing at RETRO RUBBER.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

LeAnne said...

This is just the cutest, and phooey to the bad luck/elephants/baby card theory! I think anyone would love to get this for a baby card! That elephant is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing it with us at Retro Rubber this week!

creative lady said...

Adorable! Love that elephant and the balloons on your card, great coloring too. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.