Sunday 12 April 2020

Sparkly birthday cake

Happy Easter folks!  A different one than usual, but sure aren't we blessed to be fit and healthy, a roof over our heads and food in the cupboard.  We've had a lovely bright and sunny weekend - it was t-shirt weather out in the garden yesterday but we were back to our cosy coats for our walk this evening and I was wishing I had put on my hat and gloves!

This evening I have this cutie from Stamping Bella, she's a pleasure to colour but I always kinda struggle with her curly hair.
I also struggle with adding bling!  I reckon there must be a trick somewhere on how to do it, it always takes me aaaages to decide on where mine is going!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Happy Easter, Lynne! Your card is lovely and the bling you've added looks great. I usually try and limit myself to three sequins/gems and have one big and two small. Seems to help me as i can't get the right balance with more then that! Jo x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a fantastic entry in our 'Great Crafty Bake-Off'! Love this to bits! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

Cheryl W said...

I'd like a piece of that luscious looking cake about now. We've been trying to cut back a bit on our calories, but I'm craving some of the sweet stuff. This card is great. You've colored her beautifully--even her curly hair. Happy Easter to you and Greg.

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card this is Lynne and that hair scares the life out of me!! You, on the other hand, have done a brilliant job of her curls!! We enjoyed a lovely warm weekend but today has been bitterly cold, still it is only April!! xx

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with ‘Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog’; it fits perfectly with our ‘Diamante’ challenge theme. Fabulous sentiment too. Hope you can join us next month for our new challenge. Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

Patti J said...

Oh, so cute! That cake looks good enough to eat! Your coloring is beautiful, and as usual, your card made me smile! Thanks for sharing!