Wednesday 15 September 2021

An almost Two-fer!

 Hi all!  I've 2 cards this evening to share, kinda the same but different.  These are for a couple of international volunteers in work whose year with us is up now.  Thus the full Irish colour theme and sparkly shamrocks!!!

Last time I was in the craft shop I bought the wrong cardstock and ended up with this linen effect stuff which is impossible to colour with pencils.  I remembered about my watercolour card for the next card, but ran out of time to do a remake on this one.  My green stitched die cut was a remnant from a previous faffing session but turned out to be perfect for this one 😉

I often use this alpha set from MFT to personalise cards but those R's really annoy me!  I almost abandoned putting Barbara's name on it, but I already had Eva's name on hers so just had to go for it!

Word Art Wednesday #509-510 - anything goes 
Simon Says Stamp Monday- fun with stencils (for the grass and clouds on the first card)
Daisy Chain Challenge#56 - Wildlife


5 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Such sweet little cards, Lynne. Thanks so much for stopping by to play along with us. It's always a treat to see your sweet cards linked up in our gallery. Have a blessed week, and please visit again soon. It's always appreciated.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards x

Patti J said...

These are both adorable, Lynne! I love the look of the pencils on linen paper. Such a wonderful textured look! Great job on both cards! I must admit that a not a fan of the R either…looks like a lower case i with the dot all wonky! Barbara won’t care, she’ll be delighted!

Cheryl W said...

I love both your cards! They will be treasured by Eva and Barbara. I think if you used a white gel pen to put a white dot in the middle of the "loop" on the r, it might look more normal to you. You could also put a thin white line between the two "legs" of the r. Just a thought.

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, wonderful colouring! Love these, Jo x