Friday 3 September 2021

Blooming Birthday

 Hi all!  I can't believe it's September already, the summer absolutely flew in.  Mind you this past 18 months have flown too, it's odd when you think back to life pre-Covid and how much things have changed!  You wonder when things will get back to 'normal'!

Anyway, I've a wee quickie this evening.  I confess I've been shopping in an effort to kick start the old mojo, and I'm loving this Bloom set from Reverse Confetti.  I reckon this could become one of my go-to sets for sympathy cards.  I stamped the middle flower twice and glued the centre down and popped little foam pads under the petals to give some dimension.  I had a scrap of purple left over so punched a couple of butterflies and added another couple on the inside.   I like how this turned out 😃


Seize the Birthday #222 - birthday + pastels

8 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Lynne! This is definitely a nice set for any occasion, and looks like it would e fun to color! Beautifully done!

Cheryl W said...

I really like how this turned out, too. I love the extra dimension you added to the center flower and those sweet little butterflies. I can see why you'll be using these stamps a lot. It is kind of crazy to think about our lives pre-COVID. We didn't think twice about traveling here and there. We planned an international trip every other year. During the past two years we've made very few trips, and when we did travel to see family, it was only within the U.S. It makes me sad.

Sarn said...

Such a lovely summery card. Nicely subtle colouring too. Very pretty.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card l do like floral cards xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my this is beautiful Lynne I love the flowers and the softness of the colours a wonderful creation
hugs
lorraine x

Barbara said...

This is so pretty done in pastels! I love the dimension that you accomplished by popping up the center flower. It is great as a birthday card, but I see what you mean by a sympathy card too. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge. I hope to see you again.

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Lynne! The design is lovely and your colouring is just gorgeous, Jo x

Di said...

Gorgeous card Lynne - it has something of a Uniko look to it as well as Reverse Confetti. Certainly a classic to use over and over again! So pretty.

Hugs

Di xx