Sunday 3 October 2021

Floral Sympathies

 Hi All!  Gosh I hadn't realised it's been nearly a fortnight since my last post.  Time is whipping by so fast.  I'm back to my actual workplace for a day this week, it will be so strange!  It will be nice to see some of my workmates but I confess I am feeling a bit anxious about it... I'm not looking forward to my 2 bus journies to get there, nor setting an alarm to make sure I'm up and out the door on time!  It has been too easy just to rock up to work in my PJs 😉

Anyway I've a few sympathy cards to share this evening.  This first one uses an old fave from Taylored Expressions, I hadn't intended to make it so green but I think it turned out OK (??)


I coloured this one yesterday, so sharing it also on the Simon Says Stamp World Card Making Day post

Layout from MfT Wednesday sketch #561

Inspired By #189 - I was inspired by the metal bucket 


Pixies Snippets Playground challenge #413 - here's a wee pic of the tiny scrap cut from the end of my sentiment that was just big enough for those little die cut dots LOL...



My second card uses my old fuschia stamp from Clearly Besotted, coloured with watercolours.  I used to use my watercolour pencils all the time before I got in to my ploychromos and have kinda forgotten how to use them!  I did touch up my shadows with my pencils to darken them a bit.


Allsorts #644 - I lOVE... colouring is most of the fun of card making and I love the effects dies can add to a simple card

AAA Cards #200 - Clean and simple






14 comments:

Danni Reid said...

These are two beautiful cards, the green is beautifully paired with that gray container and florals! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

Cheryl W said...

I think both your cards are wonderful! I love the greenery on the first one, and the fuschia is lovely with its soft colors. I know what you mean about the comfort of working from home. Even though there was no pandemic, I worked from home the last four years before I retired. I LOVED being able to pop out of bed and start working before I was even showered or dressed. Sometimes I waited until my lunch break to get myself ready for the day. What my boss didn't know didn't hurt him. he he

brenda said...

Two very elegant cards, thank you so much for sharing a crafty 'I love....' with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

Good luck with the commute and return to work, I think it's something that fills us all with a touch of fear still.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne I am loving both these beautiful classy looking creations the 2nd one is great especially with the stitched border dies I always like that look, the first one is such gorgeous colours and the touch of embossed card is super, great work, they are lovely cards for such a sad occasion
hugs
lorraine x

Linby said...

Two beautiful cards. I love your colouring and framing on the second one for Allsorts challenge. Thanks for joining in with my challenge theme at Allsorts this week.
Lynn x

Ellibelle said...

Both cards are so beautifully done!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellibelle's Corner

Francesca said...

Very beautiful cards! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Sandra H said...

Two beautiful and creative cards x

I Card Everyone said...

Lynne, you had the perfect little bucket in your stash - and I do love a girl who can work magic with the teensiest scraps! Well done, you!
Thanks for sharing this sweet card with IB this week!
=]

Jane said...

Elegant cards. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Sarn said...

Love both your cards. Great layout for the first (well done on using TINY snippets up).

Great colouring on the second one.

Good luck with your return to work.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

LeAnne said...

That green card is amazing...the big basket of flowers is perfect against the embossed background! Just gorgeous!

Cardsbymaaike said...

such beautiful fucshias, great card. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

Di said...

Love both cards Lynne -your snippets one is perfect in green - for any occasion really. Sleep well tonight - quiet smile! x

Hugs

Di xx