Tuesday 5 October 2021

New Home

 HI All, yes it's me again already, ans it not even 2 weeks since my last post 🤣. I've had a busy evening trying to get these cards finished for my mum's neighbour and trying to get ready for work tomorrow.  I'm back to my workplace in Belfast for the first time since last February so it will all feel very strange!!  

Anyway on to my cards... This first one was a super easy and super quick one.  The sentiment was from a never-used-newly-discovered set that I won such a long time ago, so I'm glad to get one of them inked!

I also used a new bit of kit on this.  i was very lucky to win a challenge over at Allsorts and got a voucher for Stamp Addicts - normally if I win some ££s I like to try something I wouldn't normally buy, so I treated myself to this Perfect Layers thingy.  I don't have a straight eye in my head so i think it's possibly one of the best tools I've ever used! 


AAA cards #200 - celebrate
Sweet Stampers #60 - stripes +/or dots 
CASology #396 - view - I've always fancied going up in a hot air balloon, the view must be lovely though I'm not so good with heights so maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea after all hahaha

And this second card uses an MFT Christmas set I bought aound this time last year; the sentiment is a real oldie, from one of the first LOTV sets I bought.  I stencilled in the grass and clouds bu could have been a bit more generous with my blue ink!


Retro Rubber Challenge #168 - tic-tac-toe - I used green / trees / punch

11 comments:

Patti J said...

This is a great card! Your moms neighbor will love it. Thanks for sharing! I have the perfect layers tools - I used to be a brand ambassador for them. I reach for them so often! Great job, dear friend! Hugs!

Cheryl W said...

Your hot air balloon card reminded me of the time I went for a hot air balloon ride. It was so much fun! The view from up in the sky was just gorgeous. So, needless to say, I love your card! Your second card is a winner, too. I've been having fun with my cloud stencil as I've been making Halloween cards. While you could have added a bit more blue, like you said, I think they look really good the way they are. You created such a sweet scene. New houses are always exciting!!

Katrina Bufton said...

Gorgeous cards, lovely little scene.
Katrina x

Sandra H said...

Both cards are lovely x

Jane said...

The rainbow houses are so pretty. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Lynne: This is a beautiful "Welcome to the Neighborhood" card, I'm sure your mom and her neighbors will love it. The little house and trees are sending a message of warmth and hospitality.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT

coldwaters2 said...

Lynne these are two fabulous cards I love them both the tower block and balloon is great the new house is also super
hugs
lorraine x

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs

creative lady said...

Great take in the tic tac toe! Love your card. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Joyce said...

Lovely collection of cards, and the CASology card is a real stunner. Love how you used the same paper for your houses and your balloon. Really keeps the card on theme. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

Ã…saJ said...

Pretty card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! HUgs Ã…sa